36 - new life

- Maddy -

The touch of a hand caressing my cheek knocked the extreme tiredness out of me even more but i had no will to open my eyes up just yet.

I felt sore. Like i had ran a marathon the day before and now my muscles were in no will to function. But the more i stayed awake, thinking, the smell of something captivated my nose.

I forced my face forward, the perfume almost hypnotizing me but also bringing such a familiar feeling inside me and my eyes finally fluttered open.

My hand went up to grab hers that was still delivering gentle brushes against my cheek and i used the chance to look up right after.

"This feels too real." I whispered out, Lauren looking back down with a smile. "Are you feeling okay?" Her question touched every single emotion inside me, feeling so safe already.

"Lauren, you're not real. I'm dead, right?" I forced myself ever so slightly up, taking a scan around to see the unrecognizable bedroom. "God, Maddy! You aren't! Stop! Look at me!" My face was forced back in front of hers.

"It's me. This is real. Not a dream or heaven." Those words entered my ear and i couldn't push back the feeling of further safety. "Can you kiss me?" I asked, the last possible thing flooding my mind to know i'm okay.

My lips laid down right on hers, pure joy running through my veins and the moment couldn't feel less real from how captivated i became.

"See?" The woman pulled my face back with a smile. "You came back?"

"I said i would, sweetheart. You just needed to be patient."

"How? How did you know where i was?"

"Your aunt and i got in touch. Took me a bit to find a lead to where you are but here i am." She responded and i released a soft smile.

"Where are we?" I broke the eye contact and looked around once more. "A place you told me about." Her confession brought my attention back on her. "What place?"

"Oh, you cute little thing! How come i remember and you don't? You said this was your dream so i full filled it." Lauren got out the bed, reaching her hand out for me to grab and i did just that.

Our path was lead through a hallway, multiple guest bedrooms and bathrooms on all sides but the opening of the front of the cabin had my eyes widen.

"This is yours?" I asked in pure surprise. "Ours, baby." She stepped back, pulling me in for a hug that i swear had forgot how it felt like.

"Explore and i'll make you a drink." The woman said and i watched her walk over to the kitchen.

I listened out to her offer and slowly stepped in front of a window, the view of a private beach filling my sight.

"Lauren, you did not!" I immediately exclaimed as the realization hit me about the time we spoke about my dreams.

"I did though." Her faint laugh traveled towards me and i made my way to the kitchen. "And the road in the other direction? The single road that drives past mountains, right?" I questioned with an intrigued smile. "And the city a few miles away." She added in.

"Oh my god, i love you." I rushed right around the corner to wrap my arms around her. "You deserved it, Maddy." Her voice by now sounded sad so i positioned my face in front of hers, examining the tear that streamed down her eye.

"Don't fucking cry right now. I'm not gonna be able to-" I cut my own words short as the sobbing took over me. "Okay now! I don't want the both of us to be a crying mess right now." Lauren rolled out a laugh, actually knocking me out of the state.

"No! But how? How did you actually get this cabin? When i told you about it, it actually sounded like off a fantasy, i knew it myself!"

"I'll tell you everything later but now, drink this, warm tea." She handed me the cup and i took a sip without hesitation. "Poisoned it?" I asked despite taking another sip. "Mhm." She proudly hummed back. "With what?" I spread a smile from seeing her play along. "With my love, of course."

"God! You're so cute!" I let loose a laugh, setting the cup down to go in for another hug. "Maddy," my name left her mouth and i patiently waited for her to continue, "are you ready to stay? Forever? Despite the both of us not having a single chance for a career?"

"Of course," i whispered back, "this is all i wanted since- honestly, i don't want to remember it anymore but what are we gonna do today? I wanna explore! Can we go for a hike on the mountains? No! Let's go to the city! What city even is this? I need clothes, Lauren." I bursted my questions out however her hand cupped my face with a smile.

"Never thought that all i needed is to see you happy again for my own joy to come alive." The confession brushed against my lips and i rested my forehead right on hers. "All i needed is you to feel like i have a purpose to be here again." I admitted and connected our lips for a kiss that i wanted to last forever.

>>>