Chapter 9.5 - Lennox

Lennox

Orian was always such a surly virgin. Was it Nox's fault if his brother had never taken up upon himself to get close and cosy with the females? Hardly.

Orian was just a late bloomer. An exceptionally late one. Or maybe he'd just been saving himself for marriage. The perk of being the slut twin was, Lennox potentially knew how to blow their fairy's mind. And ovaries.

Stepping back into the dining room, he slid into the chair beside Lilly once more. Maybe the fairy hadn't noticed it yet, but there were several petals strewn on the floor behind her and plenty in the wealth of her hair, causing Lennox to start plucking them out.

"Did Oh-Orian leave?"

"Yeah. He'll be back this evening , pretty flower, don't worry about him. Harmless as my brother looks, he's got a good set of skills. There won't be a scratch on him." The fact she was concerned bode well right? "How're your strawberries?"

Lennox might have a shitty personality, but he knew you didn't eat the leafy part of the fruit. He'd actually managed to cut them into a heart shape he'd seen on a video for cooking. There had been no real thought behind doing it, Nox just figured she didn't want the green part. Besides, heart shaped strawberries? Cute as shit watching her eat them. "Fritz has them shipped in from the Beast realm. They have great stuff."

"We can have strawberries on the wedding menu if you like? A whole lovely range of fruits and veggies to choose from. You won't even have to smell the meat anywhere."

Lilly's hands clenched the cutlery she held and Nox tilted his head at his mother. "Tell you what. Why don't we go for a walk around the grounds, get you some fresh air and nosy at the place. Mother can get some magazines and stuff together in the meantime for you girls to go over when we come back?"

That earned him a mute nod from her. Offering his hand, it was a second before Lilly slid her smaller palm into his own. The tips of her fingers were cold, but he could fix that. While demons tended to run hot to begin with, he could alter his body temperature thanks to his own personal ability.

As the saying went, there was no smoke without fire, and that's what the Serpentine twins were.

Lennox had been born with the ability to manipulate Hellfire. From a young age, their parents, along with Fritz, had chased him with an extinguisher. Bedsheets had been changed to fireproof shit and he'd burned down his fair share of the house before learning to control it. These days, Lennox could hyperfocus his flames and change the strength behind the heat.

Hot on his heels was Orian, fogging every room he was in each time he lost his temper or emotions became too strong to handle. His shadowy fog would emanate out of his body in a billowing cloud, no shape or substance to it – now, his twin could manipulate his shadows into shapes and tangible weapons.

Taking Lilly from the dining room, he silently lead the fairy towards the back doors. While for most homes, it would lead to lavish gardens and pretty views, theirs brought a stone courtyard.

Smaller buildings were used as weapons rooms , armour. You name it, they had it organised and stored correctly. Brimstone liked every outposting to be ready no matter what was thrown at them.

"You look unimpressed." Lilly sank her teeth into her lower lip. Shit. He wouldn't mind doing that, testing just how pillowy it felt.

"It's veh-very ... Empty? No greenery."

"Yeah, any plants you see in the big house are fake too. Mother likes to tries make it feel more homey, but the rest of them don't particularly care. At the end of the day, this is a soldiers outpost, not home. Once the Life Tree is revived, or fucking cut down for kindling, we'll go back. You'd like the castle. Tones of things to do, parties all the time to meet new people. Mother loves socialising to the dismay of our Father."

He was filling the silence while she stared around her, taking in the limited view. If the alarm went off, this courtyard would be filled with at least three teams of soldiers all ready to risk their lives against whatever monstrosity was thrown out at them.

"You said earlier you'd be interested in doing stuff. We could go have a look at the guys training? Let you get a peak at what we get up to while everything's calm."

Lennox was baiting her curiosity. Orian said she asked questions constantly if she felt comfortable and he wanted to figure the little fairy out. He wanted to pick apart her personality and understand her better.

Just because he fucked a lot didnt mean he ever cared about any of them. But this was supposed to be different. He wouldn't look at another female after Lillith. She'd already taken up residence in his mind, thoughts about her swirling around, his own questions brewing.

"C'mon fairy. Don't you want to be a little bit sneaky and spy on them?"

The tiny leaves were threading into her hair the more he could see her considering it. Lennox' smile turned into a grin.

She was going to do it. Curiosity would get the better of her. Something new to see.

Something shiny and fun.