Chapter Sixteen - Lillith / Lennox

Lillith.

They'd been gone for two nights now.

Elowen mentioned recovery and patching the destruction left was the main focus now, but Lilly couldn't help but feel uneasy. The fairy didn't know when it had occurred to her, but she was uncomfortable without them. The boys had almost instantly become her safety blanket in this new place and without them around, she was at a loss of what to do.

Sleeping alone should have been easy, but she had twisted through the covers constantly to the point there were pillows stacked in a way she could throw her leg and arm over as if it were a body.

As it turned out, no amount of pillows could be made Orian shaped and no matter how she long she left a blanket against the radiator, it was never the same warmth Lennox held.

Rather, Lillith had found herself throwing everything off the bed and sprawled to stare at the ceiling for unknown minutes.

Now and then a flush rose to her cheeks causing the fairy to waft a hand in her face. Her skin felt unusually clammy then covered in chills the next.

It was anxiety, that's all.

A strange reaction to her worrying. But the back of her neck was damp while her fingertips were cold. A slow working cramp ran through her thighs and up into her lower stomach.

Curling onto her side, Lillith grabbed a spare pillow and pulled it against her. Even her nightie had bothered her sensitive skin now, making it itchy. Little flowers bloomed, stemming from her emotional state.

Pink cupid sweetpea's fluffed up in the gaps around the room, filling the space with a mix of orange blossom and rose. Airy sweetness that came from the relaxed state she tried to maintain.

Crystal palace lobelia, a gorgeous purple that sprouted to life here and there. Sweet again with a bite to them. Irritation that the hot flashes were not going away.

Maybe she just needed a shower. Between yesterday and now, Lillith had been in the bathroom several times to rinse herself of the odd feeling that was brewing inside her.

One hot shower.

One cold shower.

And still, she felt ... Unsettled. The fairy's wing fluttered against her back, creating a nice breeze down bared skin as she dropped the towel from her body and squeezed the water from her long hair into it instead.

Everything was bothering her. Everything was making little thorns grow through wooden surfaces and curl in annoyance.

She'd never felt this before.

Off balance within her own peace and quiet.

Pushing the door open to her large room, the fairy was so busy trying to detangle the silver length from a knot that she missed the two huge figures by the doorway.

"Well, now we know why nobody was answering the door."

Her head snapped up at the sound of Lennox' deep voice, a little raspier as his green eyes strayed from her face and down her exposed body.

Like a physical wave of heat ran through her, Lilly felt everywhere that stare touched, her body instantly reacting to it. Wet warmth bloomed between her thighs as she made a conscious effort to drop her towel and cover her vital areas.

Large leaves unfurled over her skin to hide her from view as she blushed from her neck up. "You're supposed to weh-wait until I answer the door!"

She'd never been so relieved to see their faces. Covered in soot and smudged with dirt, the pair of twins looked like they'd been through a war rather than mere battle.