Chapter 12: An Operation in the Shadows

The Midgar Academy for Dark Knights was now under a terrorist attack by impostors, claiming to be from Shadow Garden. In Kagari's class, Rose Oriana would have been the first one to have been killed.

If Kagari didn't save her, taking the hit on himself.

Rose: Kagari....Kagenou...

Rose got on her knees and held him by his head.

Rose: You fool! Why did you step infront of me?!

Kagari: simple...isn't...the...life of...our...president...something...we... should...protect...more than our own...

Rose: You wanted...to protect me...?

Kagari: yeah...and...just when...I was...starting...to..warm up...to you...huh..?

Rose: Does that mean?

Kagari: hehe...well..it...looks like...we won't have that...rematch now... huh Rose... I..guess....you....win...

Kagari: save

Kagari: save...them...for me.....

With that, the light in Kagari's eyes faded away as his body laid motionless infront of Rose, who began to shed tears over his body.

Rose: Of course, I understand now...

Rose: My sweet Kagari. You...you cared for me...

Rose: You loved me so much, you were willing to give your life

The Cultist pointed his sword at Rose's face.

Cultist: We're going to the auditorium.

Cultist: If you don't want to end up like him, you'll come along without a fight.

Knowing she couldn't fight them, Rose submitted to their demands. But not before looking at Kagari once last time.

Rose: Thank you, Kagari Kagenou.

Rose along with the students in Kagari's class were all taken outside of the school and brought to the auditorium with the rest of the students in the school, where they were now hostages.