Chapter 23: Checking In On Loved Ones

Kagari was walking down the streets of the Midgar Kingdom towards the kingdom's Hospital. It has been a few days since he checked in on Sherry, so he decided to pay her a visit while he had time before the next mission.

Midgar Hospital

Once he walked inside of the hospital, he walked down the hallway towards Sherry's new hospital room and opened the door to her room.

Kagari: Sherry, guess who's back?

Sherry: Oh, hi Kagari!

Kagari's Thoughts: (Good, she's looking a lot better than she did the last time.)

Kagari: So, how have you been?

Sherry: Oh, I've been okay.

Kagari: You seem to be looking a lot better, I'm glad.

Sherry: Yes, my doctor has hired a therapist for me to talk too. I've been making a lot of progress in my mental health.

Kagari: I'm happy to hear that, Sherry.

Kagari reached in his jacket and placed a box of Mitsugoshi chocolate on her bed.

Kagari: Here, you told me how much you liked the chocolate from Mitsugoshi, so I thought you might want some since you've been in here.

Sherry: Aww, thank you very much.

Kagari: No problem at all. Did the doctor say anything about you getting released from the hospital anytime soon?

Sherry: Sadly no. My therapist wants me to stay here for a little while longer before they let me go back to school.

Kagari: Oh, you'll be going back to the Academy?

Sherry: Yes. I want to continue my studies there, for now. Until I graduate.

Kagari: Oh, is there somewhere you wish to go before you graduate from school?

Sherry: Yes. I found out that some of my mother's research survived the fire. I would like to continue what's left of my mother's work. But this time...

Sherry: I'll try to be less naive on who I can trust since.....what happened last time.

Kagari patted Sherry on her head.

Kagari: Please don't worry about him anymore, Sherry. You've taken the first few steps in moving forward from what happened. Don't let what he did get in your way. He can't hurt you anymore. It's your past now.

Sherry: Okay.

Kagari: Now then, you said there was a place you wanted to go when you graduated.

Sherry: Right, the place I wanted to got to after graduation is The Land of Science, Laugus.

Kagari: I hear that place is the leading edge of all things science related. Hehe, sounds like your kind of place, huh?

Sherry: Yes, I only know so much and I want to increase my level of knowledge.