Chapter 35: Chaos' End

Norn: D...Did...I....

Norn: Did I

Norn: Did I....lose....?

Norn could no longer move his now whethered and broken body as all of his nerves had been completely destroyed, he could barely speak as he barely had any life left.

The All Extinction Attack is a powerful move that can break the fabric of reality itself. It not only destroyed his physical body, but it also severely damaged Norn's soul, leaving him as a husk with his soul split in two halves.

Norn: B..Bar..Baran...

He called out for Baran to see if he could save him, but his spiritual form also suffered damage from the attack.

Baran: H....how....how could I have...failed..again...?

Out of the sky, Eclipse landed on the ground infront of Norn, staring down at his body.

Eclipse: It wasn't at full power, but the after effects All Extinction will kill you and Baran very soon. So, tell me...

Eclipse: Do you have any last words...?

Using the last of his energy, Norn spoke.

Norn: T-Tell me...why...wasn't I able to win...against you...?

Eclipse: I've told you already, you only borrowed the powers of Baran. I took the time to train and attain mastery over the powers Ashborn gave me, that's all.

Norn: So...I should have just trained...

Norn: Just like...father said...

Norn's Thoughts: (For power, for strength, for recognition, I did so many things....I laid villages to waste...slaughtered thousands....I even killed my own family...just to prove myself...I guess my old man was right...)

"Ending my life will prove nothing...one day, you will have to answer for your crimes...then, you'll realize how weak you truly are..."

Norn: Maybe, I wasn't strong...after all...

Using his only remaining eye, he took one final glance at Eclipse.

Norn: Eclipse...you were...very...strong...

With his final words, Norn Gazzare took his last breath before he finally passed away as Eclipse watched in silence.

Eclipse: You weren't so bad yourself, I had a fun time.

Ashborn: Now then, Baran. I know you can hear me, I know you're still alive in that boy's body. Answer my question, how are you still alive and how did you obtain a successor?

Baran: Why...should I...tell you...anything...?

Ashborn: Very well, if that is the way you want to be...then we'll just have to learn ourselves.