Chapter 27: The Shadow of The Moonlight

Midgar Kingdom

As the morning sun arose on the next day, Kagari rushed out of his house and began walking towards the train station which had a secret entrance to the underground caverns of the Midgar Kingdom.

Kagari's Thoughts: (These wanted posters of Rose are everywhere, around every block and every corner. There have also been more soliders from Oriana pouring in every day to hunt her.)

Kagari's Thoughts: (I have no doubt that Alexia and Beta are looking into this too. I need to find her before either of them do.)

Kagari heard a familiar piano song being played which caught his attention.

Kagari: The Moonlight Sonata. There's only one person other than Cid and myself who knows how to play that piece...

(Timeskip)

Inside of the Music Hall, Kagari was inside watching the performance as it reached its end and the performer took her bow as the audience clapped.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Not bad, Epsilon...)

(Timeskip)

After her performance, Kagari went to go visit Epsilon in her private room.

Epsilon: I never would have dreamed that you would come to hear me play, My Lord

Epsilon: I never would have dreamed that you would come to hear me play, My Lord. I'm not worthy of this honor.

Kagari: Well, I did say that I might come to your performance. You do play the Moonlight Sonata like no other.

Epsilon: Thank you, my lord. Of the many pieces you and Shadow have graciously taught me. It is the one I like the very best.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Back when we were kids, she'd always listen in on when Cid and I practiced on the piano. To fit her alias, she was trained by Lambda and she learned some songs from us.)

Epsilon: Thanks to your wisdom, my lord, I am building connections with influential people as a pianist and as a composer.

Kagari: As a composer, huh?

Epsilon: Yes, my lord. The "Moonlight Sonata", the "Turkish March", the "Minute Waltz". They're very popular among the nobility and the Royal Capital has even given me awards.