Chapter 26: A Crisis Behind The Scenes

Nightfall, Midgar Kingdom

In the darkness of night in the Midgar Kingdom, Norn Gazarre, The Successor of Baran, can be seen jumping from building to building, observing his new surroundings as his search for The Shadow Monarch continues....

Norn: Now then, Shadow Monarch.... Where could you be hiding...?

Without the aid of the dark magic trail, Norn used his own magic in attempt to sense anyone in the area with a magical energy similar to Ashborn's.

As he did this, he heard a voice call out to him.

"Norn. You are weak."

Upon hearing the voice, Norn's normal sadistic smile vanished and was replaced with a look of irritation.

The voice continued...

"Due to your ever growing weakness, the power strength that you have gained will be nothing more than superficial. How could I approve of you when you lack the heart and honor I've tried to bestow upon you?"

In his anger, Norn charged a white fire ball and was about to throw it in the direction of the voice, but stopped as no one was there.

Norn: Tch.

He disbursed the fireball.

Norn: I'll show you, old fool. I'll show you all who the weak one really is...

(Timeskip)

*Two Days Later*

Kagari's House

It has now been two days since Kagari's talk with Rose. As Cid was out preparing for his next match in the Bushin Festival, Kagari was in his house preparing to leave.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Hmm, Aurora has been really quiet for the past two days. I guess all of those tours caught up to her. Eh, I'll let her rest, she does need her beauty sleep.)

Kagari's Thoughts: (Also, that strange feeling I've been sensing hasn't subdued...)

Kagari: I'll check it out, but let's see what everyone's talking about on the paper.

As he opened the door, he saw the daily newspaper on his doorstep. Wanting to see the news, he picked up and opened the paper to read it.

What he saw shocked him.

In the newspaper, it read that Rose Oriana has now become a wanted fugitive of the Midgar Kingdom due to her assassination attempt on her fiancé, Perv Asshat

He thought back to Rose as he crushed the paper in his hands.