Chapter 18: The Sanctuary

Lindwurm, Nightfall

After his surprising appearance and exit as Eclipse after his battle against Aurora, Kagari left the arena where the Goddess Trial was being held as he returned to his old vantage point, the walls of Lindwurm.

Kagari: There, it's done...

Kagari: With Eclipse making a sudden reappearance after so long, they'll be more focused on him rather than a dark knight student

Kagari: With Eclipse making a sudden reappearance after so long, they'll be more focused on him rather than a dark knight student. It can also give Alpha and the others time to enter the Sanctuary. Speaking of, I should make my way back and help.

Just as Kagari was about to return to the arena, he noticed a glowing red light behind him.

Kagari: What is that..?

He looked down to see it was the magical gateway to the Sanctuary.

Kagari's Thoughts: (It's the gateway....)

Then, an idea came into Kagari's head. He teleported to the other side of the walls and the gateway followed him.

Kagari: Hmm, a few more times. Just to be sure.

He began to teleport over and over around the city, but the door continued to follow him, no matter where he went. Then, he teleported out of Lindwurm and the door appeared right infront of him.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Just as I thought. When I called upon the Sanctuary, It appears that I did more than make it appear. Now the door wants me to enter and it won't stop until I do...)

He then thought about Aurora, The Witch of Calamity who he fought back in the arena before he made his decision.

Kagari sighs.

Kagari: Alright. You win, Sanctuary.

Making his decision, Kagari entered the Sanctuary and the magical gateway closed.

(Timeskip)

Stadium

Back at the stadium, everyone in the crowd looked at the door to the Sanctuary with curiosity in their eyes. In the V.I.P section, Nelson was in shock as the Sanctuary responded to Eclipse. Seeing as the door was opening, the Archbishop ordered the entire arena to be evacuated.