Chapter 13: True Colors

Midgar Academy

The sun was now setting over The Midgar Academy as day changed to night. Iris and The Knight Order were outside of the barrier, thinking of a strategy to storm the school without their magic power.

Inside of the Academy above the auditorium, Cid and Gamma, along with multiple operatives of Shadow Garden were being signaled by Nu who was inside among the students. Rose was in the crowd of hostages, trying to find a way to get herself and the students out of their predicament.

Science Building

Meanwhile, in the Science Building, Kagari was assisting Sherry in deciphering the artifact that can stop The Eye of Avarice, before it could destroy the school.

Kagari: Well then, here goes nothing.

Sherry lightly taps on the artifact with a magic and it began to glow, signaling it's activation.

Sherry: We actually did it!

Kagari patted Sherry on her head.

Kagari: Excellent work, Sherry.

Sherry: Oh my god, we really did it! Now I can control The Eye of Avarice and stop it from shutting off our magic!

Kagari: Looks like we can put our plan into motion, come on I'll make sure you get to the tunnels safely.

Sherry: Right! But there's no need for that, Kagari. According to what my father told me...

Sherry walked over to the bookshelf and pressed a book which acted as an on switch. The bookshelf then began to move, revealing an entrance of one of the secret tunnels.

Kagari: Wow.

Sherry: Now I can finally help my father!

Before she went down the stairs, a memory came into Sherry's mind.

The memory of her mother's death. Sherry's mother was a famous researcher who has murdered by an unknown assailant. The killer was never found. After the funeral, Sherry was adopted by Lutheran as her stepfather, which brought her to now.

Kagari: Are you okay, Sherry? I can't do this for you if you can't.

Sherry: No, I'm fine. It's just..

Kagari: What is it? You can tell me.

Sherry: Father gave me as much love and affection as he would his own flesh and blood. He even supported the research my mother left behind...

 He even supported the research my mother left behind