06: History Repeating

a/n: double update!! don't forget to read chapter 5 before this

"I'll just say bye to Tabitha, and then we can leave?" Eve said.

"Sure. I'll meet you downstairs," Ashton replied.

Eve leaned forward, she kissed Ashton's cheek, her lips lingering there longer than normal as she kept a hand on his chest. She was smiling seductively as she stepped back, before winking at the fellow actor and turning around to go find the host.

Ashton watched her retreating figure, his eyes focused on her...assets as she left the room. Ashton grinned, already excited about spending the night with that devilishly beautiful woman.

As soon as she was out of sight, Ashton couldn't help but tilt his head to see if Ryker was still there. He was. And he was staring holes into Ashton's head as he took a sip of his beer. Ashton finally rose a questioning brow, as if asking the other man what was up. Ryker did nothing, he simply continued looking at Ashton with so much intensity that Ashton began to feel uncomfortable under the scrutinous gaze.

Fucking weirdo, Ashton thought in his head.

Ashton left the room, wanting to find a relatively quieter place to call his driver, and also his housekeeper to tell her to make sure his room was neat and clean as he was going to bring a visitor back home.

Ashton said bye to a few people that he ran into on the way, before leaving the penthouse. He was waiting in the lobby for Eve as he passed time on his phone, mindlessly scrolling through memes.

Ten minutes passed, and there was still no sign of her. Ashton waited another five, before frowning. He didn't have her number so he couldn't call her, which was why he decided to go back up to try and find her just in case she got caught up in something.

Ashton went back to the party, he ran into Tabitha and asked her if she had seen Eve. The actress told him that she had, and that Eve told her that she was leaving. Tabitha winked cheekily at Ashton, as if Eve had hinted to her about the reason for her early departure.

"Maybe she's in the parking lot?" Tabitha suggested.

Ashton nodded. He did tell her he'd see her downstairs, but didn't specify where. That made sense. He left the penthouse once again, he was walking towards the elevator when he passed the staircase. He heard noises...kissing sounds, to be exact. But he paid them no mind.

That was until...

"Oh, Ryker..."

Ashton stopped in his steps. That was Eve's voice without a doubt. Ashton blinked, he didn't know what to do. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. It couldn't be them, right?

But he heard her voice again. Once again, moaning Ryker's name.

He should've left. He should've gotten in the elevator and gone back home. But he didn't. He wanted to be sure. He wanted to see it. So Ashton followed the voice, and lo and behold, Ryker and Eve were making out in the staircase.

Ryker had her pressed against the wall, his hand underneath her dress as he kissed her neck. Eve seemed to be having the time of her life as she dug her nails into Ryker's clothed back.

Her eyes were closed, but the sound of the footsteps made her aware that someone had walked in on them.

She stared wide eyed at Ashton, shock clear on her face as she kept her hands on Ryker's chest, not exactly pushing him away, but trying to create some distance.

"Ashton, I...I—" Eve stumbled on her words.

Ryker tilted his head back, there was lipstick smudged on his lips and his hair was messy. His eyes were dazed, and the top few buttons of his shirt were open. Ashton wasn't looking at Eve. He didn't give a shit about her. He was looking at Ryker.