43: Ache

"Oh fuck, right there!" Ashton groaned.

"Can you stop screaming? Jesus," Ryker muttered.

"Fuck you, fuck, no no no," Ashton exhaled deeply as he threw the controller on the couch. "I'm dead! Thanks! And here I thought you'd have my back!"

"I would've had your back if you didn't keep yelling in my ear every five seconds like some lunatic!" Ryker argued.

"I wouldn't have to yell at you if you knew how to play," Ashton retorted. "I'm finding new friends to play with me."

"Oh yeah? That so?" Ryker rose a brow. "Are they gonna play with you like I do?"

"Maybe they will," Ashton replied with a sickly sweet smile, making the other actor narrow his eyes at the brunette.

"You have a ten second headstart, I'm coming for your ass then," Ryker warned.

"More like coming in my ass, but sure," Ashton muttered, scoffing.

"Ten...nine..."

Ashton's eyes widened at the countdown. He stared at Ryker, who didn't look like he was playing around. Ashton blinked, his expression blank. And then he bolted. Ryker counted till ten loudly before running after the other man.

Ashton didn't really know where he was going, it was at that moment that he realized he never quite got a full tour of Ryker's house. It was actually bigger than he thought it would be, and somehow he ended up in the backyard with Ryker still chasing behind him.

"Come near me and I'll punch you," Ashton threatened, obviously not meaning it.

"You already have, babe. If you wanna scare me then you'll have to fine something new," Ryker said.

Ashton ran around the pool, a smirk on his face as he got an idea. He took off his shirt, making Ryker almost halt, confused by what Ashton was doing. Ashton slid his shorts and briefs down too, standing completely naked in front of a baffled Ryker. Ashton grinned, he winked cheekily at his fellow actor before diving into the pool.

"Catch me now, loser!"

Ryker laughed as he got rid of his own clothes as quickly as humanly possible. Well, apparently they were skinny dipping now. Ryker jumped into the pool, the two of them swam around, splashing water as they tried to catch each other. They both took turns until they were breathless.

Wide smiles decorated their faces as Ryker wrapped his arms around Ashton's waist. Ashton's laugh died down slowly as he looked at Ryker, who was already staring at him with so much adoration and love in his eyes that Ashton felt like a fool for not seeing it earlier.

How was he so blind to Ryker's feelings? That too for years. Maybe he just never thought it was a possibility, or maybe his own hate had clouded his judgment so much that he couldn't see what was right in front of him.

Ashton's lips turned downwards as he thought of how much time he wasted. He could've spent years being friends with Ryker, or maybe even more. But instead he was an absolute fool. He was stupid, falling for games that he never wanted to play in the first place.

"What is it, meu amor?" Ryker asked softly, his expression mirroring Ashton's as he caressed his cheek. Ashton closed his eyes shut, the tenderness with which Ryker spoke to him and touched him was...too much.

It was too much. It was too intimate. It was making Ashton go insane. It was making his heart rate go haywire, and his body felt like it was on fire despite them being in cool water.

They were having such a good moment, and Ashton just had to ruin it by being himself. By being too damn emotional and overthinking and just wrecking everything like he always did.