39: Arm Wrestling An Angel

"I want to talk to her," Ashton stated, catching Ryker completely off-guard.

"Are you sure?" Ryker asked. "I think we both know by now how...just how she is."

"You mean how terrible and manipulative?" Ashton scoffed as he paced around the other actor's trailer. "Don't worry, I do not give a fuck about what she says to me anymore."

"Then why do you want to talk to her?" Ryker questioned. "What do you want to say?"

"I'll know when I see her," Ashton answered, making Ryker sigh.

"I'm not stopping you or telling you what to do but just...just think about it, yeah?" Ryker spoke. "Take some time and let it all sink in before you go yelling at her."

"Fine," Ashton muttered as he sat down next to Ryker on the couch. "Can I say I'm sorry again?"

"Say sorry one more time and I'll have you lay down on my lap and spank you till your ass is red," Ryker warned. Ashton tilted his head to face the dark haired man, his eyes wide in shock and his cheeks blushing a soft pink.

"Is that supposed to scare me or turn me on?" Ashton shot back. Ryker chuckled lightly, before winking at the other man.

"Maybe a bit of both."

Ashton parted his lips to say something back, but they were disturbed by a knock on the door. Ryker sighed in annoyance, before asking who it was. It turned out to be a crew member that was calling Ryker for his next shot. Ryker pecked Ashton's lips one last time, before leaving. He really did not want to, but he had to. Ashton reassured him a hundred times that he would be fine, and he would only be a few feet away. With that, Ryker left his trailer.

Ashton was in half a mind to go confront his mother, but he knew that Ryker was right. He needed time to process all the information that he had learned, plus he did not want to cause a scene in public. Besides...maybe his mother did not even deserve Ashton talking to her after all the shit she had pulled.

Ashton's mind drifted to Cora. If Rebecca had been hounding him so much, then he could not even begin to imagine how she must have been treating that poor woman. Ashton grabbed his phone, opening his chat with his mother where she had sent him Cora's number. Without thinking too much, Ashton dialled her number.

The phone rang for a few times, Ashton's heartbeat racing just a tad bit faster with each ring. Until someone finally picked up.

"Hello?" Said a tired voice.

"Hi," Ashton replied, suddenly wondering what to even say. "Is this Cora?"

"Yes, who am I speaking to?" She asked.

"Yeah, uh, Cora, this is Ashton," the actor introduced himself. "Ashton Archer."

"Ashton..." Cora's voice trailed off. "It's been years, wow. How have you— wait, please don't tell me your mother put you up to this. I swear, Ashton I've told her a million times to stop contacting me and if you're going to—"

"Hey no, no, calm down please," Ashton interrupted, sensing her panic. "I'm not calling you to talk to you on my mother's behalf. Quite frankly, I've had enough of her myself and can't even breathe the same air as that wretched woman."

"Then why are you calling me?" Cora questioned, still sounding hesitant and suspicious. Ashton didn't blame her for it one bit, though.

"Look, I just...Honestly? I don't know," Ashton sighed softly. "I don't know what happened with you and...my dad. I really hope that you're okay and it was consensual and—"

"It was."

"Okay," Ashton exhaled in relief. "That's good to know. Anyway, I can understand why you don't want to sign an NDA—"