37: Angels And Demons

"Mhm," Ashton hummed sleepily. "You stink."

"Good morning to you too, meu anjo," Ryker said, kissing Ashton's forehead.

Ashton replied by groaning in annoyance, as he tried hard to stop the corner of his lips from rising upwards in a smile. He snuggled closer to Ryker, his head resting on the other man's chest with his arms wrapped around his waist in a tight grip.

Ashton was glad there was no pillow between them anymore.

"You're so cute in the mornings," Ryker whispered, running his fingers through Ashton's hair before trailing his hand down to Ashton's face. He pulled Ashton's cheek, making Ashton tilt his head in an attempt to try and bite Ryker's fingers. "Okay, I take back what I said. You're no angel. You're a little demon cat."

"I like cats," Ashton commented.

"Why don't you get one?" Ryker asked, and Ashton finally opened his eyes.

"I don't know," Ashton muttered. "I've always wanted one. Huh. I actually really don't know why I've never gotten one."

"We can head to a shelter whenever you think you're ready to get one," Ryker offered.

"Good idea. I'll get a cat and leave you there," Ashton replied.

"Is that so?" Ryker rose a questioning brow. "You'd be okay with someone else taking me away, then?"

"Shut up," Ashton mumbled, turning around and shifting even closer to Ryker, almost lying on top of him as he hid his face in the crook of the other man's neck. Ryker couldn't help but chuckle at Ashton's antics.

"We should get up soon," Ryker spoke. "We have work today, just in case you forgot."

"I remember, asshole," Ashton groaned. "Go make me pancakes, peasant."

"What do I get in return?"

"My company."

"Nah," Ryker smirked. "Not good enough."

"What do you want then?" Ashton asked.

"I want you..." Ryker paused, trailing his finger down Ashton's neck to his lower back, causing the fellow actor to get goosebumps.

"Me?"

"To tell me your hair care routine," Ryker finished. "Did you get a new conditioner or something? They're so soft."

"If I don't get pancakes I'm going to kick you out," Ashton stated.

"It's my house, you know," Ryker retorted. "You can't kick me out of my own house."

"You really want to test me?" Ashton shot back. "I think by now you should be aware of what I can do."

"Alright, alright," Ryker chuckled. "I'm scared. I'll get you your pancakes, your majesty."

"With blueberries."

"Noted, sir."

After a particularly long shower that was taken together in an attempt to save water, Ryker made breakfast for the two of them. Ashton helped, if by help one meant sitting on the counter and barking out orders. He justified it by claiming that he was management.

They didn't have much time to waste after that, so they quickly ate the food. A part of Ashton was contemplating calling up his driver to take him to work, not knowing what people would think if he showed up to the set with Ryker.

But when he looked at the other man, who had a soft, happy smile on his face the entire time, he simply could not do that to him. He knew that would hurt Ryker, even if he wouldn't admit it, and it was something that he wouldn't have minded doing a few weeks ago. However, things were different now. Just the thought of seeing Ryker in pain was enough to cause a sense of emptiness in Ashton's chest.