29: Pictures On The Wall

"Ash! Wake the fuck up!" Ryker screamed in Ashton's ear, making him get up with the jolt. He looked around, his droopy eyes narrowing even further upon seeing the dark haired man in front of him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Ashton muttered. "Why are you yelling?"

"Get up, sleeping beauty. We have to leave in fifteen," Ryker stated.

"Who gave you permission to enter my room?" Ashton questioned.

"Technically it's my room, y'know? 'Cause it's my house," Ryker deadpanned.

"Yeah, but it's called the guest room. That means it belongs to the guest. So for the time being it's my room," Ashton retorted. All Ryker could do was stare at him, speechless.

"Alright, Your Highness. I apologize for trespassing into your territory without your permission. Now would you please get your ass out of bed? Go take your morning piss so that we can leave," Ryker said.

"You're gross," Ashton mumbled, before yawning and stretching his arms as if there was no rush at all. "What about breakfast?"

"Oh. Right. What would you like? Blueberry pancakes? Bacon? Sausages? How about some scrambled eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice too, huh?" Ryker's voice was filled with sarcasm.

"Well," Ashton hummed. "You know, I actually wouldn't mind some sausa—"

"Get up!"

~~~

Ashton could barely keep his eyes open in the car.

Contrary to popular belief, he did sleep in the guest room. Though he got maybe an hour or two of shut eye. He kept twisting and turning, and when he finally did fall asleep...the next thing he knew, Ryker was yelling in his ear ordering him to get out of bed.

At least Ryker allowed Ashton to take a shower before they left. A very quick one. Ashton's housekeeper had packed him a bag which his driver had dropped off at Ryker's place the night before. So after munching on a couple pieces of toast, and grabbing an apple for the way— the two men were off.

"—I'm not going to listen to a fucking history podcast!" Ashton exclaimed, raising his arm forward to change what was playing on the Bluetooth screen, but Ryker swatted his hand away.

"It's about mythology, not exactly history," Ryker clarified. "It's my car. So we're listening to whatever I want to listen to."

"No. We're going to put on some nice music. Preferably something slow and soothing so that I can take a nap," Ashton retorted.

"Who died and made you president, huh?" Ryker asked. "We're listening to my podcast. Period."

"Of course you wouldn't want there to be a president, you stupid dictator!" Ashton scoffed. He tried to change the channel again, once again to get his hand pushed away by Ryker's. "I'll keep trying to change it, Ryker, I can be very persistent."

"Don't I know it," Ryker muttered with a tired sigh. "You're going to annoy me into driving the car into a fucking tree."

"I won't annoy you if you just let me listen to what I want!" Ashton argued.

"Fine. Play whatever," Ryker mumbled.

Ashton grinned, feeling victorious as he put on some music. He settled into the passenger seat, looking out the window for a few seconds before closing his eyes, ready to take his nap.