--- the lab. ; ♣️

--- fluff; niragi x ann

; i really like this one

; present for MidnightWritings125 xx

---

niragi visits ann in her lab.

---

ann was working quietly in the lab when she suddenly heard the door open, causing her to look up. she was more than confused by the visitor, who made her feel a little uneasy. "what do you want? i'm working." niragi smiled gently. this was new.... "I want to watch." Ann shook her head. "it's very... bloody and a little gross, you don't want to see that." niragi giggled. "You say that like you're not standing in front of a hedonistic mass murderer, dear."

ann tensed visibly. "what? forgot who you're standing in front of?" she didn't answer and turned around again to continue her inspection. niragi followed her and leaned against the counter. "are you still searching for the chip?", he continued their conversation. "yeah. no luck. they must control us from somewhere else..." "i don't know if this sounds stupid, but what if they injected something in our blood? something the liver doesn't see as- i mean, i have no idea how a liver works anymore- but- eh- that it's not seen as a toxic substance and doesn't get filtered and thats how they locate us? like a compass and magnets. i don't know."

ann was impressed by the sudden smartness of the younger. "that doesn't sound that stupid, actually. i will talk with kuzuryuu about it and try to investigate." niragi looked up. "but don't say it was my theory, please! i need to keep my image of the dumb bully." ann chuckled. "why?" niragi chuckled too. "people might underestimate me. and if that means embarrassing myself in front of everyone i gladly take it. it only has positive sides in the end." ann was even more surprised.

"and you're just telling me? i can tell everyone and your cover is blown." his smile got wider. "nobody will believe you. and also... you want to live, right?" he came a step closer. "are you implying you want to kill me if i don't cooperate?" her hand clenched around the scalpel in her hand. "exactly." he now stood right in front of ann, pulling out a gun to position it under her chin. "you're so damn pretty, you know that?", he then whispered and put a loose strand of hair behind her ear, gently stroking over her left cheek. she reddened and looked away.

niragi smiled softly and giggled. "you won't blow me up, will you?" she shook her head. this was far more interesting. "under one condition." niragi smirked. "yeah?" "we get to spend more time together. you're interesting." now, it was niragi who got shy. "you think so?" ann grabbed his face by his chin. "look at me when i'm talking to you.", she grinned. for a moment, they looked each other in the eyes, before niragi couldn't stand it anymore and tried to look away again. "so? what do you say? do we have a deal?", he nodded softly. "deal."

ann chuckled. "i like you better when you're like this." she pushed him away softly and got to work again. niragi looked at her, analysing her body. how calm she was, dissecting the brain that belonged to a person niragi or one of the other militants had killed. a traitor. her hands didn't shake a bit as she worked in complete concentration. "can i touch the brain?", he suddently asked and ann gave him a weird look. "sure, go on..." He slowly approached the brain and barely touched it before immediately jerking his hand back and shaking it violently. "ew. that feels so gross."

ann needed to laugh. "if it's so disgusting, you might want to give up your own, mh? i still have no brain of a sociopath here." niragi smirked. "you think i'm a sociopath?" ann shook her head. "i was joking. but i'd still like to have your brain in my collection." niragi grinned. "i'll make sure i'll die in one piece so you can have it well." he reached out to the brain again, only to get the same reaction again. "why are you touching it if it felt so disgusting?" "i forgot how it felt like so i needed to touch it again." niragi giggled.

ann had enough. she let her scalpel go and made his way over to the tall male, looking up to him. "why are you really here? you can't tell me it's sorely for the purpose of watching me work." niragi chuckled. "aguni is searching for me because that stupid hatter thinks there are more traitors and he wants me to find them." "so you came to me why~?" "because i don't want to find the traitors. it's annoying, and in the end, the most haven't even done anything grave."

ann rolled her eyes playfully. "what an irony. you, a hedonistic mass murderer,", she used the same words he had used, "is annoyed because you need to kill people." niragi needed to giggle. "spending time with you is way more fun than killing people." ann rolled her eyes again. "are you flirting with me?" he laughed. "you aren't?" she smirked. "touché.", she went back to her work. niragi was too stunned to speak, he had only meant it jokingly, originally. "i thought you're a lesbian." ann chuckled. "and you still hit on me?" "yup. i wanted to see how far i could go until you told me to stop." he scratched his neck.

ann laughed. "as if you would stop if i would tell you to." "i would." she furrowed her eyebrows. "i'd leave on the spot if you wanted me to." "maybe i don't want you to leave.", she whispered, coming another step closer, so that their bodies touched. he was nervous, she could see it, and it made her proud. "aww, am i intimidating you?" he blushed again. "a bit.", he confessed. "you're really cool. i like how you stay calm most of the time during the games." she needed to smile. "thats cute."

then she quickly stood up on her toes and grabbed into niragis hair to pull him into a kiss, pressing him against the counter with one hand on his pelvis. his hands found their place around her waist as she deepened the kiss. without any resistance, he let her dominate the kiss, gently stroking her sides. slowly, she ended it. he laid his head onto her shoulder, still running his hands along her waist. she just wrapped her arms around him and relaxed against his chest. they stayed like that for a while, enjoying the presence of the other.

suddently, their peace got destroyed by someone harshly opening the door. "ann, are you-" quickly, ann pushed herself off the militant and turned around to face a frozen kuina. "it's not what it looks like-" "yes, it is exactly what it looks like.", niragi hummed and left the room, seemingly hurt by the denial of the woman.

ann stood there, her heart pounding, unsure of how to react to kuina's presence and the aftermath of the interrupted moment with niragi. she watched as niragi left the room, his hurt expression etched on his face. "what the fuck, ann?! what are you doing with this- monster?!"

ann shook her head, leaning against the counter, trying to calm herself down. "he's not a monster." kuina was caught off guard by that, stumbling back. "what?", her voice was dangerously calm. "after everything he's done, you- are you sick? you don't know what you're talking about, right? you need to sleep.", desperately, kuina tried to push away the thought of niragi possibly being human. "i'm completely clear, kuina." she opened her arms to give kuina the chance of hugging her, what she did. "he's interesting. i want to get to know him, and his motives."

kuina nodded softly. "be careful, please. he's unpredictable, one moment he loves you and the next one you're his biggest enemy. i don't want you to get hurt because of that bastard. you know what he's done, what he's capable of." "thanks for worrying about me. i should probably apologise to him now, see you later!" and she left the lab.