chapter 11 (2/2)

Ace was just staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything that has happened to them. Just probably 1 month and 1 week ago. He and luffy was happy- going to makino's bar, annoying dadan, beating people in gray terminal (he didn't take luffy with him) and then eating food in city and then running away without paying for it, that was fun. He missed it.

But now he don't know what to do, he is stuck. Hell, he doesn't even know if he is still in East blue or not,He swallowed hard thinking about it, if it was just him he wouldn't even care, but it's not about him it's about luffy. his precious little brother.

luffy is his number 1 priority, he has to play nice- agreeable, polite whatever it would take so that they don't hurt either of them, he don't know what they want from him. But Whatever it was, it was enough for them to treat luffy here properly, heck they even treated him too. When he doesn't even deserve to be bor- , no how could he say that thing when luffy is right here, he doesn't care about himself but luffy his little brother who loves him, care for him and is glad that he is alive, how could he think like that.

At the very least, he owned them for that. He has to control his explosive temper, he has a long trained himself to keep his temper in control. Lashing out when you have a wobbly toddler following you is worst decision, everything taught him to control his temper when needed.

He was surprised that they didn't ask him anything yet. But that strangely intrested and curious look in Marco's face somehow told him that he would be having a conversation about luffy and about everything in general, sooner or later.

"Uggghhh" ace growned, he just hugged luffy and fell asleep.

Next day whiskey come to check him up properly and thatch brought them breakfast, ace isn't allowing luffy to go anywhere out of his sight. So he has to bring luffy's food here too.

Marco watched as the two new residents of mobydick finally came out from there nest. It been two week since ace discharged from the tender care of whiskey. They have moved from infirmary to the cabin next to his - the cabin of their old second division commander. It has been empty for few years, but it was a good place for a hot headed.

There were still few traces remains of fire during his luffy chase or hallucination attack. Marco saw ace looking at marks with a guilty look.

"Ahh the brat's feeling guilty" thought Marco.

And luffy, it feels like that brat had been born and raised abroad mobydick. The kid was constantly escaping from his brother's protective eyes and zooming around the feet of whoever happened to be around. He smiled and waved at everyone and nothing fazed him. Not even kingdew pulling a small cannon from his hand had stunned him.

(Like yaoyorozu momo from my hero academia)

The word "COOL" was heard Being shouted numerous times a day, from all over the moby.

They had docked on an island for food. Almost whole ship was empty everyone went out. Some for supplies, some for shopping and some for Their own fun.

That's why that brat ace come out from his room.

"Hii pineapple" shouted luffy when he saw Marco standing near railing.

"My name is Marco yoi" said Marco with an annoyed expression.

Marco looked towards ace , it was evening time now and all of them will be here. That's his time to know a little about them.

Ace saw Marco looking at him.

Before Marco could say anything. the new chef who made apple candy before yelled from galley.

"Luffy!" All of them turned to him.

"Do you want to eat this new meat dish that i tried to make by following the famous chef zeff's cooking book"

"No he doesn't want to ea-" ace wasn't even able to complete his sentence because luffy didn't even bother with anything he just run up to him and went to kitchen with him.

As much as, ace hate to admit it this people are nice and whitebeard pirates is famous for their helping nature and their good behaviour towards children and women. Everybody knows that they have never hurt any women or kid, so he kind of isn't much worried of them hurting or harming luffy in anyway.

Marco had to hide a smile at the look of protective concern that shows on ace's face.

"What do you want?" Ace demand, with an angry scowl which seems like his default setting.

Marco raised his eyebrow at that and grinned. It's been so many years since Marco got chance to deal with someone like ace. Angry, not trusting anyone, suspecting almost everything. The ups and downs of kids behaviour is like a emotional rollercoaster. It was intresting not knowing what to expect at any given moment.

"Nothing I just want to check, how are you feeling, does you injury still hurt or not yoi?" Marco asked.

Ace just "tsk" at that while putting his hand on railing looking towards sunset.

"So... Ace yoi, mind telling us why was the marine, specially that red dog was after you guys yoi" Marco looking at ace.

Ace was silent not answering anything.

"I figured that much, that you are not going to answer anything yoi"

Ace was about to say something when someone came running to them.

"Commander Marco , commander Marco" ash, one of the member of second division come running.

"Calm down ash , what happened" asked Marco.

"The group, teach's group who went to mission 2 months ago is finally coming back. We just talked to them on transponder snail, they said they are near this island they will be here tomorrow" said ash grinning widely.

Marco smiled.

"Ahh they are finally coming back it's good" said thatch coming out of nowhere.

"Aahhhh commander thatch you scared me when did you come" ash said while putting one hand on his heart.

"When you were telling them, that teach and his group is coming back besides that bet luffy is going to like him alot" thatch said smiling at ace.

Ace turn his head away, "too much friendliness and smile" thought ace.

Upon seeing ace not answering thatch continued.

"He knows lots of magic trick and he has funny laugh that always made other people laugh too. Luffy is going to like him"

After saying thatch went to prepare dinner and ash went with him to grab a snack. Marco and ace was again alone.

"Ace yoi, so tell me why marine was after you guys? And what did you do that made marine came after you and you know that luffy yoi, that little kid also caught in it yoi" Marco said , he know that if he bring luffy in between this he is surely going to get answer from ace.

Ace still didn't said anything.

Marco sighed at that.

"Okay whatever it is you don't have to tell me or any of us now yoi, but please try to trust us and tell us so we can protect you from akainu yoi" Marco said and turned to go when ace said.

"It's not me who needs protection, that magma admiral was there for luffy not for me, he is after luffy." ace widened his eyes when he realised what he said, he shouldn't have said anything, no he can't trust them or think of them even as a friend. Ones they will know who is his father they will hate him or probably do anything and now he blurted about luffy too.

Ace sighed. Marco didn't turn around he just went away after listening what ace said.

(Here our part 2 end thank you for reading and I'm glad that you all liked part 1 so much 😭💗, i did my best to write the brotherly love that ace and luffy have for each other which we weren't able to see in anime )