chapter 12

Marco didn't turn around he kept on walking towards oyaji's room to talk to him.

"Knock knock"

Marco come inside pops room to see him sitting on his big chair drinking booze.

Marco sighed. No matter how many times he tell him to not to drink but pops just won't listen.

Upon seeing Marco pops try to hide his bottle of sake but it was too late Marco was already near him snatching the bottle and putting it away while glaring towards his dear oyaji.

Pops just sighed at that. Knowing full well that now he won't be able to drink booze.

"Oyaji. How many times do I have to tell you not to drink booze much, you should take care of your health." Marco said glaring at his pops, it's hard being the eldest son.

Pops just gave an apologetic smile. Who would believe that the strongest man in the world is weak infront of his beloved childrens specially his chef son-The second eldest and his eldest son.

"Oyaji, what you said was true. I wasn't able to see it before but I can clearly see it now"

Pops just looked at him confusion written all over his face.

"Huh" was all pops could say.

"Remember when ace just woke up and you told me it was going to be very hard to convince him to join our crew, our family." Marco said.

Pops nodded remembering what he said to him.

Flashback ~

"Marco it won't be so easy to make him join us, my son." Said pops Marco looked at him. They were talking about ace and luffy joining them, everybody wants that little ray of sunshine and his overprotective fire brother to join them.

"Huh! What do you mean by that oyaji. Aren't you the one who said you will make him your son?" Marco asked confused because pops was not someone who would say something like that.

"Marco, the world had hurt him alot" Marco looked at pops confused

Pops sighed.

"Behind that angry facade, there's a kid that had been hurt alot. I don't know if they hurt him physically or mentally but I want to heal that. I want him to know that this world might be a cruel place but this ship, mobydick. Is the place where everyone is my child and all of my childrens deserve love and care of their old father" pops said smiling by the end.

Marco just smiled at him, unable to understand what his pops is saying.

Flashback end~

Now Marco understand what his pops told him, what he sensed inside ace that he, himself wasn't able to.

"Oyaji, and i just got to know that akainu wasn't after ace like we thought he was" pops looked at him attentively. "He is actually after that little kid-luffy" said Marco. Pops eyes widened a little at that but is soon turn into anger.

Marco can feel pops anger in the room. A shiver run down his spine because it's been so many years since he saw him angry.

Pops calmed himself down a little.

"Okay Marco make sure that brat luffy stays on this ship. We don't know why that brat sakazuki is after him but we can't let him even touch him." Pops said with a serious tone.

Marco nodded at that. Bidding his bye and of course taking bottle of sake with him Marco went towards his own room leaving a sad faced oyaji.

Next day after breakfast everybody was standing on deck waiting for their brother whose ship is visible now.

"Why everybody is here thatchy?" asked luffy, thatch was surprised that ace allowed luffy to be away from him(ace).

"Luffy remember I told you about one of our brother teach, the one who has a funny laugh and know how to do some magic trick" thatch asked more like reminded luffy about teach. Luffy face light up at that.

"Yeah thatchy, i remember now. Is he going to show me magic trick" luffy like any other 10 year old was excited to see tricks.

Thatch just nodded at that.

Soon the boat was near them and finally teach was here on the deck with them first thatch hugged teach because it's been 2 months since he saw him. Everybody greet them one by one. Teach went to pops chair to greet him and give him all the information of his mission.

"Welcome back my son" pops said with a fond smile.

After talking with oyaji he came back to where luffy thatch Marco ace and izou was standing.

"Yo commander Marco and izou. Are they the one you told me about?" Teach asked while looking at thatch. apparently when they talked with thatch he told them about luffy and ace.

"Yess they are the one. This is luffy" thatch said pointing at luffy " and this is ace" he said now pointing at ace.

"Zehahahaha nice to meet you ace and luffy" teach said while looking at them both.

"Oyy luffy you know I can do tricks" after saying that teach showed him a magic trick but instead of getting happy or exciting like luffy always get. He ran away and hugged ace's leg tightly.

Everybody widened their eyes, luffy who isn't get surprised or scared of anything is looking kind of scared.

Ace glared at teach for making luffy scared. ace's shoulder was on fire from anger.

Before ace could say anything, ash yelled from side.

"Teach, come here your face is scary for kids." He said playfully while laughing with other people, everybody laughed at that except for izou, Marco and thatch because this is weird for luffy, on this ship they are the one who spend most time with luffy, so seeing him scared just feel like something isn't right.

Ace just glared at him and then at everyone else. Before anybody could say anything, he just picked luffy up and went towards his room. Still glaring at them.

"That was weird" said thatch.

Marco and izou just hummed at that.

Marco has a bad feeling before but now luffy's action is just makin it worse.

Ace was sitting on his bed with luffy in his lap snuggling on his left exactly at his heart listening to his heartbeat and he just rubbed luffy's back in a soothing manner.

After sometime ~

"Luffy" ace said softly, upon hearing his name luffy looked at him.

"Luffy, my little baby. What happened? You have never done this before" ace asked now softly and lovingly.

"Ace... I don't know that big hairy man with a funny laugh, he just doesn't feel right and i don't like him at all" luffy said in an uncomfortable tone.

Ace raised an eyebrow at that, now this was something new. Luffy not liking someone. You would have to be a terrible person to make luffy dislike you because luffy like everybody.

"And why is that lu" luffy looked at ace.

"I don't know ace, he just don't feel right, he feels like that jam pirate"

Ace tightened his hold on luffy making him bury his face in his chest.

"This is bad, bluejam was a terrible bastard and luffy's eye for people was something you should always trust. Luffy can instantly sense if the person is good or bad. And luffy said that, that weird laugh man is feeling like bluejam, that's bad." Thought ace.

"Should I tell them" ace shake his head getting rid of that thought as if they would listen to him. Ace just sighed and hugged luffy tightly swaying his body a little.

"Knock knock"

"Ace! luffy! we are going in the Town, if you want to you can come anytime." Yelled thatch from other side of the door.

Thatch went towards the Town knowing that ace had listened to him.

(This is where our chapter ends and thank you so much for reading this and voting for my story😄)