chapter 27

"And really, what have you been thinking, leaving Luffy with me, when it was clear he liked you better and always came to you for help!"

Sabo smiled wistfully. "I'm not sure he will anymore. He's gonna be so angry. But I can't wait to see him awake again. I want to know how he changed. When I saw him I truly thought he was dead. And then that noise started and- Luffy is still our weakling little -brother. We have to protect him, with all the shit he gets himself into... if you will let me help at least."

Sabo would have liked to appear more confident, but Luffy had been Ace's responsibility. He had left them and vanished for seven years. He wondered if he still had any right to call himself their brother, especially after forgetting all about them.

(In this fic all the incidents happen when luffy was four and ace, sabo were 10 like the bluegem, sabo's death, fire in grey terminal and all except for shanks one, it happened when luffy was 5, I hope it clears the confusion)

"You idiot!" Ace scolded and hit his head. "You better make up the lost seven years! It's too good to have you back to worry about shitty things. For seven years both Luffy and I wanted you to be back, do you really think I'd not accept you now?"

"Sorry." Sabo furiously wiped the tears that made their way down his face now away.

"Ah! Stop crying!" Ace shouted and ignored Sabo's protests of "I'm not"

"It's bad enough Luffy always cries! You didn't have to change like that!" Sabo laughed, the older Ace was just as bad at dealing with tears as the younger one had been, especially so if he was emotional himself.

After some time when they both calmed down.

"So sabo why did you not come to us before " ace asked as they both sat on bed side by side watching luffy.

"Ace, I had amnesia, I'm really sorry but I forgot about everything it wasn't until I saw luffy laying here looking de.. de-dead." Sabo breathed out.

He would rather die than see luffy like this ever again.

"It's alright sabo, just...just don't leave us ever again." Ace said as he hugged sabo.

"Yess ace, i am never gonna leave you" few tears left ace and sabo's eye.

Ace can't explain how happy he is, the brother he thought was dead wasn't dead.

They both sat down looking at luffy.

"Btw ace why is luffy here like this ? What happened? He was supposed to be on dawn island not here. And you? What are you doing with whitebeard pirates?"

"Calm down I will tell you everything." Ace said as he started telling how marines were after him, how they come on this ship, how they become a part of this ship and all.

"What?? That red dog was after luffy to kill him, that mf. I'm going to kill him" sabo said menacingly.

"Don't worry sabo, oyaji already did that, now our little brother is safe." Ace said as he looked a luffy with a small smile.

Ace loves luffy more than his life, he can do anything for luffy, for his precious little brother.

Same goes for sabo, he might not be there with luffy from past seven years but he still loves him more than his own life.

Both of them were talking trying to catch up with each other.

"Umm..*cough* *cough* I guess you guys have already sort out things yoi" Marco said when he entered room to call ace for dinner.

"Yess Marco" ace said happily.

"Then let's go, thatch is calling you for dinner and you should come to sabo san yoi"