XXV

⚠️The following contains scenes of gore and violence. If you know this triggers you, please scroll until the letters are back to normal and the scene is marked as ended⚠️

The pen sunk into his knee as I stomped on it, relishing his muffled screams as blood streamed down his leg. I had waited- wanted to do this for so long. For someone so large he was weaker than I expected, or maybe the poison in his tea had made him less resistant. I took notes from Leonardo, deciding to drug him to fit my needs.

"I wish I could tell you that this hurts me too..." a smile spread across my face as I slowly pulled the pen out, his bones crunching and cracking loudly. "But it doesn't."

"You...heathen..." He stuttered, gasping for air.

I hadn't used anything too deadly...just strong enough to quiet him down. Ethylene glycol, antifreeze, a poison that causes vomiting, abdominal pain, and even seizures if left untreated for long. I had served the first cup of tea about fifteen hours ago and came to personally serve him the second cup while he was on bedrest. I watched as he pathetically crawled away, my hands wrapping around his ankles and dragging him back under me- where he belonged.

"You're in a hurry," I wanted to watch the life drain from his eyes. "Ready to fulfill your duties and pass your legacy onto Max."

"I...c-cannot," his words slurred as his eyes sagged and his mouth drooped. He was starting to lose consciousness. "Doctor..."

SMACK!

"Don't pass out on me. Things are starting to get fun," I laughed as he gagged on bile. "You want to go to the doctor? Why? You're Maximus McMillian the second and you need a doctor?"

"Please..." He begged as I kicked him over onto his stomach, watching as he threw up red. He was dying faster than I thought he was. "Please...cannot..."

"Beg." My heel dug into his back as he cried out, "Submit."

His swollen, red eyes pleaded with mine as his breathing became slow rasps. I wanted to watch him die, but I also wanted to watch him walk Max down the aisle. I shoved the pen in my pocket and ran into the hallway, calling for help in my best distressed voice.

⚠️End of scene⚠️

"What is wrong?! How is Father? What has happened?" Max ran into my arms as I tightly held him, "I'm scared..."

"You have nothing and no one to fear," I shushed him as he buried his face in my chest. "Help is on the way."

Our eyes met as he was carried away on a fancy stretcher, his full of fear and mine...joyous. I covered Max's eyes, mainly to keep him from seeing the blood, and distracted him with soft kisses. I did it for him- and I held back for him. He would have his dream wedding now that his father had zero control over it, and he would be happy. I had to protect him. No matter who had to die, if their death protected Max it was a worthy sacrifice.

"Will he...is he..." Max stammered in-between sharp sobs, "Father is going to die, isn't he?"

"No! He'll be fine, I'm sure of it." I kissed his forehead, "He'll be walking you down the aisle."

Whether he wants to or not. I'll have him rolled down the aisle if I must.

We checked on his father twice a day- only because Max insisted. I had the pen cleaned and now it was my favorite one! A nice souvenir, really. Max and I spent the next few days planning and arranging decorations as his father recovered- he was healing up a lot faster than I thought he would. Now he could move, and sometimes mutter a word or two. If it weren't for his expensive medicines and treatments he'd be dead.