XXⅠX

Max's POV

Our eyes met as I felt his heart racing along with mine, fingers intertwining as we started our walk to the aisle. The refreshing summer breeze greeted my anxiety, blowing it away with every step I took. I glanced over at him but could not hold his warm gaze. Nathan looked lovely in his suit, the rich white color matching the daisies we walked past. I never told him daisies were my favorite, yet he knew when he had the ring made and when we were speaking with florists. 

"Do you like them?" His low voice made goosebumps bloom on my skin, "I made sure the florists planted them all last night

"Do you like them?" His low voice made goosebumps bloom on my skin, "I made sure the florists planted them all last night."

"They are beautiful," I beamed. My face hurt from all the grinning.

"Not as beautiful as you." He gently squeezed my hand, our eyes finally meeting as my heartbeat echoed in my ears. "I wanted to say it sooner but I guess I got tongue-tied after seeing you."

"This dress is pretty isn't it-"

"Max, the dress is pretty because you're wearing it." Nathan chuckled, his laugh teasing my ears as I felt my face flush. "You're always beautiful."

"Even when I'm throwing up everywhere?" My shoes thudded against the smooth stone as we walked.

"Especially when you're throwing up everywhere- the way your nose scrunches is cute."

"Blasphemy, I'm always smelly when I'm sick." I tried to hide my laughter as his eyebrows furrowed, his expression was adorable.

"Really? I've never noticed." Nathan shrugged.

We made more small talk as we walked the long way to the aisle, perhaps it felt longer because I was so nervous

We made more small talk as we walked the long way to the aisle, perhaps it felt longer because I was so nervous. Even with Nathan's arm around my waist and the beautiful scenery, I still worried. What if we made it all the way down the aisle and he got cold feet? What if he realized everything was rushed and that he needed more time? What if he ran away? A million doubts bounced around my mind as we walked through the pillars, taking our final deep breaths as we prepared for our grand entrance.

"Are you okay?" Nathan whispered, "You don't have to do this if you aren't ready-"

"Are you ready?" I clenched my trembling hands to my sides as I looked up at him, "I've been pissing myself this entire time and my legs are shaking so much! How are you so calm?!"