Chapter Five

Today is my wedding day. I haven't seen Aaron since that day, and I don't care, but he has a surprise in store for me. I'm sure everyone will be shocked at my surprise because no one knows about it yet. I'd love to see the shock on his silly, stupid, but beautiful face.

When I entered the beautifully decorated venue, I was almost sad that I had ruined the whole event. Everyone looked at me in shock. I had to smile when I saw Aaron's shocked look. He had strictly ordered everyone to wear white to the wedding, but his own bride showed up in an all-black off-the-shoulder dress with a thigh-high slit. It had been designed exclusively for me. My adoptive father offered to escort me into the hall, but I declined. I walked not like a typical bride but like a queen on her way to her throne, waving the bouquet in my hand. Everyone present was shocked.

I reached the end of the altar, where my future husband stood looking at me without a damn emotion on his face. And I didn't care.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?" But only I know what I'm feeling at this moment: I'm angry, sad, and craving revenge. I need to make them suffer so I can finally achieve the peace and happiness I deserve.

"Aaron Lawrence, Do you take Katherine Scarlett Warner to be your beloved wife, care for her until the end of time, love her with all your heart, see her through thick and thin, through ups and downs, swear never to hurt her, and take her to be your wife? The priest finished speaking and looked at Aaron, but he was busy looking at me, or rather, staring.

"Mr. Aaron," the priest called after him.

"I do," he answered coldly.

"Katherine Scarlett Warner, do you take Aaron Lawrence to be your beloved husband and take care of him?"

"I do," I said, interrupting the priest in the middle of that stupid wedding vow.

"Well, then, I pronounce you husband and wife; you may now-"

"Don't. Consummate. This. Sentence. I'll never kiss that pompous ass," I said, staring at Aaron.

The priest gulped.

It was like we were both having a staring contest. We were just staring at each other.

The priest was speechless, not knowing what to say. Before anyone could say anything, I left the venue swinging my hips like a boss bitch.

Alex and Clara were stunned; they both had proud grins on their faces. I smiled slightly at them. Oh dear, those weirdos.

I reached Aaron's house. My adoptive father wanted me to live in the same house as him; that was part of the contract. The ironic thing was that I didn't even get a chance to look at the damn contract. The dead bitch wanted it so bad that she got Mr. Warner (my adoptive father) to sign the contract without even thinking about it. My hatred for that bitch, that pompous ass, and that abusive monster runs so damn deep. I swear to hell, that bitch is lucky, but I'm going to get my revenge on those two assholes!

The moment I entered the house, I had a weird feeling like something dangerous was about to happen. I prayed to the devil that nothing would happen now, because this damn dress wouldn't even let me fight. I groaned inwardly because I was so damn annoyed.

I made my way to a room, took off the dress, and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I felt the hot water hit my naked body as I exhaled heavily. I felt like I was suffocating and breathless. I suddenly felt so dizzy. My vision went black, but I hadn't passed out yet. I tried to get out of the shower to reach for my cell phone, but it was hard. I couldn't feel my legs. I was dying. I felt a burning sensation all over my skin. Soon after, I passed out. That's it! That's the end of it all.

Why did I not die? I felt like I was dying, and I was sure I was poisoned, even though I hadn't eaten or drunk anything since that morning. I opened my eyes but soon closed them again because the bright light hurt my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw Aaron sleeping and covering my eyes.

When he realized I was awake, he looked at me with no emotion in his eyes and let go of my hand rudely as soon as he realized he was holding my hands.

"What the fuck happened? Aaron!" I yelled at him with all my strength.

"Stop yelling!" Aaron retorted dryly.

"Just tell me what happened, and I'll do it," I mocked, my voice a little calmer this time.

"Someone tried to kill you, but one of the maids saved you and called the doctor." He lied. I'm sure he's lying because every time he lies to me, he doesn't make eye contact and his hands become fists.

"You found me, right?" I asked coldly. He looked at me in shock and said, "What?"

"Thanks," I said, feeling a little better as I closed my eyes and paid no attention to Aaron's rant. He said it wasn't him who saved me, but I know him better than he thinks I do; all of this is just a damn act. If that's the case, then why didn't he admit he saved me? Maybe to fool me—who knows? I'm probably thinking too much; I need to rest; my body still feels weak; I've no energy left to even think. I sighed heavily as I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up, I heard strange sounds—no, not so strange sounds—it was night, the moon was shining brightly, it was raining cats and dogs, the thunder was rumbling, and it seemed so pleasant.

"Where is he?" I could hear someone talking outside my room as I quietly got up from the bed and moved closer to the door to better hear their conversation.

"He's in the room sleeping," I heard a male voice say.

"Are you sure it's Aaron and not someone else?" Someone else said:

"There is no one else living in this house except him; yes, I'm sure it's him."

So they think that I'm Aaron. It's been a while since I've had any fun, so why not play along with these fucking bitches?

I unobtrusively made my way to the bed and slept while wrapping myself in the covers and carrying my gun and knife.