Chapter Nine.

Aurora studied literature in London. So did I, but I graduated from NYU; she knows everything about me; she's the only family I've; and she and I both hate that bitch Selene so much. She protects me so much; she's my everything; she's the only reason I haven't given up my humanity until now.

"Where is she?" I could hear her voice getting quiet as she spoke of me, and I couldn't resist staying away from her, so I opened the door and ran into her embrace. She was taken aback, but she gladly hugged me back and said, "How are you feeling, sis?"

"Better, now that you're here." I smiled broadly.

"That's not fair, you forgot about me and you're being rude," Clara scolded as she stomped toward me. "Geez, she's such a kid.

"Come on, little one," I said playfully, smiling genuinely.

"Beautiful," Aaron whispered, but I heard him. My smile disappeared when I saw him; he looked sad when I stopped smiling.

"Because you smiled when she came and you acted cold towards me, stop hitting on me." Clara rolled her eyes playfully.

"That's because she heals everything, and I care about you guys too; it's just that she does it better, no offense," I explained while looking at my sister with a smile.

"I'm already offended," Alex said.

"Guys, come on, admit that she loves me more and that she's mine, period," Aurora said, grinning.

I shook my head. "This girl will never change." I laughed lightly. I looked at Aaron and saw that he was looking at me with a smile.

"What do you want, Aaron?" I asked coldly.

"You look" ugly," Josephine said interrupting Aaron.

"No, stunning," Aaron said, still not taking his eyes off me.

"Wow," Aurora said.

"What?" I was confused as to why she said that.

"You really are surrounded by lies, deceit and betrayal. Come on, sis, let's take off this ridiculous dress and do what you've always wanted to do. Will you come with me?" Asked Aurora, and my eyes sparkled with joy and excitement, like those of a small child who was about to visit an amusement park.

"Babe, come on, do you even have to ask me?" I smiled broadly at her as we both walked to our seats.

When I was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Warner, they brought me here. Selene had no idea this place existed. They built it just for me because I was having panic attacks and emotional breakdowns and a lot of mental health issues. To calm me down, they built this place just for me and gave me this property on my 18th birthday, but then Selene did the unthinkable, which is why my adoptive parents hate me, after they realized they were wrong, Aurora took me away from there when she went on vacation with her friends. My parents, sorry adoptive parents, wanted to make things right between us, but II didn't want to affect my mental health any further, so I politely declined them and lived my own life.

But I still have scars I can never get rid of, demons I can't fight, fears I can't overcome, and finally desires I can never get.

Aurora saw that I was deep in thought and asked me

"Do you ever wish for him? Do you think about him?"

I raised my eyebrow and asked her because I was so confused about who she was talking about, "Who?"

"James," Aurora said as she looked at me.

My eyes darkened when I heard his name, and I dodged her question.

"So you do think of him?" Her voice was so cold.

"I did, but not now when I was with him,  I wished he wouldn't do that to me, I had no idea why he did all that, one moment we were all good and the next he acted like a complete psycho, even after he physically hurt me,  I used to like him, but when he raped me I hated him, I didn't even look at him, but when I got pregnant he was happy and I thought he changed, and forgave him the moment I saw my son, I thought everything would be fine and I'd be happy, I know I was so pathetic, but when he killed my child just because he was angry I went crazy, I fled and promised myself I'd avenge the death of my child."

Aurora was shocked; she knew I had been raped, but she had no idea that I had lost my first child. She hugged me as I continued. I cried; the tears came out of my eyes without any effort. I felt like someone was stabbing my heart over and over again. I felt like I was dying every day, every minute, every damn second. "I loved my child and I couldn't protect him. I lost him and it's all my fault. I was careless and it cost me my child. I can't, I really can't." Aurora sobbed with me.

I felt like nature was comforting me as the butterflies gently embraced me. I was shocked because they had never done that before; most of them die every year. I was sad, but I knew it was just the way it was and that I could take care of the butterflies.

that came after them. I knew I had to be strong, if not for myself, then for the people who looked up to me and relied on me. The butterflies symbolized that for me.

I giggled as one of the butterflies landed on my nose. I felt at ease. Aurora and I lay there watching the beautiful stars. It felt good to say that out loud, even though I was still sad.

I guess there is hope after all! Who am I kidding? For me, there is no more hope.

All I felt were dark thoughts. The only thing that calms me down right now are the butterflies and the calm night sky. I wish I could be in the stars right now.

My head is full of venom and I know what Aurora, Alex and Clara would say if I shared my pain with them: it's going to be okay, you'll get over it, everything will be fine, one day it'll all be over, but what they don't understand is that there's more to it than meets the eye and that I've been trapped in this damn loop my whole life.

I'm in too deep, I'm stuck on the dark side and there's no way out. I know that, I just realized that too late and that's the only mistake I made. I'll never make that mistake again, I'll not allow myself to become weak, I'll not become emotional, I'll bury all my feelings deep in my miserable heart, I'll hide everything, this is the last day the world will see my smile. but it's so hard, but still,

Welcome to my dark side, bitches!