Chapter Eleven.

I've been working on this design because I've got a new fashion show to organize, and I'm stressed right now because the designs I've got right now just stink. In other words, I hate them. Aaron was working on his laptop; he owns a fashion company too, and when he saw how stressed I was, he sighed, to which I looked at him.

"What?" I asked him, and he looked tempted.

"Nothing for you to worry about," he said in a cold voice, which meant something was wrong, so I went to him and saw what he was working on. So he and I have a similar problem, but he has something good going on, but just one thing was missing, so I took the liberty of adding the one thing he was missing: a soul. For some reason, he looked dead, and so it was reflected in his work. and I didn't care if he looked dead, but I just wanted to help him for some reason.

"I'm done," I said as I looked at him, but my breath caught when I saw how close we were. I got lost in his eyes; there was pain and suffering in his eyes, and they looked so lonely, and on the other side, Aaron was staring into my soul. He came very close to me, and surprisingly, I had no intention of pushing him away or backing away; instead, I moved closer. Just then, someone knocked on the door, which made me back away when Aaron looked away, and I cleared my throat and said, "Come in."

It was Ethan; I cursed him inside for ruining it, but the question is, why did I do it? Aaron ruined my life; he put me through hell; he made me lose everything. Why did I care about him? Why did I help him? Why do I hate the fact that our moment was ruined? Do I love him? No, no, I don't; I just think about it too much; it's nothing; I hate him; I loathe him to the core.

My face went cold again, and Aaron seemed to have noticed because he sighed and said, "See you at home, Firecracker."

What was strange was that he was smiling, but his eyes looked sad like he was longing for something or waiting for something. I didn't quite understand him at that moment.

Every time he calls me those annoying nicknames, I feel, well, annoyed, obviously, but I felt something I quite can't describe: what is going on with me? Oh gosh, I am not going to be thinking about him anymore.

"Why are you here?" I looked at Ethan and said, more like glaring at him,

"Mr. Alex and Miss Clara are here to meet you," Ethan said, looking so nervous.

"Let them come," I said, sighing heavily as I sat down in my chair.

Why do I think about him so much? Why do I like him? Why do I hate him? Why do I only have questions and no answers? My thoughts were interrupted by my best friend Clara, who screamed the moment she saw me.

I shook my head and got up to hug her, but I regretted it because she hugged me so tight that I ran out of oxygen, and Alex saw that and pulled Clara back as she whimpered.

"Are you trying to kill her?" Alex said this and stared at Clara.

"What, I missed her?" Clara whined again and hugged my arm, more gently this time.

"Did I hurt you?" Clara said it cutely, and I couldn't help but admire her cuteness.

"You can never hurt me, babe," I replied as I hugged Alex, and he gladly returned the hug.

"By the way, we saw Aaron leave, and he looked a little funny; did something happen?" Alex asked me as he broke away from the hug.

"No, he just came here, worked here for a while, and then left," I said nervously. I don't even know why I'm lying to her or why I'm being so weird.

"Hey, where did you get lost?" Clara asked as she shook me and brought me back to reality.

"Uh, nowhere; I was just thinking," I replied.

"Thinking about what?" Asked Clara, sensing that something was fishy here.

"About the fashion show, of course," I replied as I sat back down in my chair with Alex and Clara sitting in front of me.

"Don't stress about it, okay?" Alex, who was worried,

"How could I not? All the designs here literally stink!" I exclaimed

"Check this out," Clara said, handing me a few designs that looked simply stunning.

"Damn girl, these are awesome!" I said I was impressed with her.

"I know I'm awesome," she said as she waved her hair dramatically.

"I know," I said, giggling, to which they both laughed with me.

"But seriously, are you okay?" Alex asked me

"Why wouldn't I be fine?" I asked him, confused as to why he was asking me that all of a sudden.

"I heard that Mr. Warner wants you and Aaron to work together, and he wants you two to spend more time together, and you know what?" Alex paused as I said, "I'm not going to like this, am I?" "Not one bit," Alex replied as he gave me a chocolate and played some quiet music, which he only does when he's sure I'm going to break.

Oh man, this is going to be so freaking bad! I mentally prepared myself for what he had to say.

"You're going on your honeymoon with your dear husband, and I assumed Aaron came here to tell you that, but apparently he didn't." Alex finished, while I was so shocked and speechless that I couldn't even respond, "So that's why he came, but why did he leave without saying anything?
I didn't expect that at all.

So I've got to go on a honeymoon with Aaron? Seriously, that pompous ass! I mean him, of course; he's my dear husband, whom I love so much! I said sarcastically to myself. Because I hated the idea of being with him and alone too.

This could either end in being a damn disaster or something I would probably deny; I am honestly sick of thinking at this point.