Chapter Twenty

"Well, Miss Sugar," Aaron called out to me in his infamous whiny voice as I was busy working on my new project.

Yes, Mr. Bear. I turned to him only to coo at his pouty face. "Honestly, never have I ever thought that 'The Aaron Lawrence, a guy who was known for his coldness and ruthlessness, would ever be this whiny and cute.

"When will you acknowledge the person who is currently dying for your attention? He whined as I chuckled.

"How can you be so cute, my cutie bear? Come here." I put my laptop aside and opened my arms wide as he literally jumped and cuddled with me. Gosh, this little baby

"Sugar, I know that all of this was a bit sudden, but I just want you to know that I have loved you for a very long time now, and I am so happy now that I have you in my arms right now."

"I know that bear; I mean, who wouldn't love me? I am just perfect; I am the fallen angel after all.

Oh, really?" Aaron turned toward me and started to tickle me.

Okay, okay, Bear, stop tickling me. I giggled, and he stopped as he cuddled into me more.

After a while, I called out

"Hey bear!"

"Yes, sugar"

"James called me."

Aaron's eyes darkened as soon as I said that.

"When did he? What does he want? He said it coldly.

Recently, Clara and Alex told me they wanted to meet. "Don't you dare go, Mrs. Warner," Aaron said as soon as I finished talking.

"I have to! I stood up and said enraged.

"Why?" Aaron asked, looking at me with a questionable look.

"Why can't I go? I yelled at him.

"He can hurt you," Aaron said, trying to stay calm and trying to keep me calm.

"Well, that's not new to me anyway," I mumbled, looking away. But he heard me.

"What do you mean by that, Katherine? Aaron called me by my real name, which for one hurt, and secondly, it states that he is officially mad, but I am not in the mood to care, nor do I have the energy to put up with everyone, while they just don't care about my feelings anymore. I am officially done with everyone and everything. Screw this. Screw everyone.

"I mean, everyone hurt me, including you, and I got past that, but it's ironic how you are stopping me from going to him when once I begged you not to let him take me and you did it anyway! I blasted out at him as he looked hurt, and he took a step back and looked at me with hurt and disbelief written all over his face.

"Please tell me you don't mean that. His voice was barely audible.

"It is true, isn't it? You did hurt me. Heck, you let me get raped by a monstar who used me for my body, and guess what, Aaron? I lost my child because of you, and I hate you."

"You don't mean that, sugar. You are just blinded by anger, grief, and the excruciating need for revenge. You are so blinded by that urge that you don't see how it's going to cause your ultimate ruin," he said as if he were convincing himself.

"You don't even know me, Aaron," I said while he just scoffed and said, Please, sugar, you are breaking me right now; don't do that."

"You already broke me, Aaron," I said, tears threatening to come out.

"We can fix this sugar. Just let me help you. Let me in. Please don't push me out. He said, while trying to hold me, But I have had enough; I am done with hurting and letting people control me. I know this fight came to a point that was way too extreme, but this is exactly how things were supposed to be.

"I am done, Aaron, with everything and everyone; just leave me alone! I said as I strode out.

I thought everything was finally falling into place, that everything was finally going to be okay, that things were looking up, and that I would finally be happy and get everything I ever wanted and needed. How stupid of me to ever think of that. I was wrong; things were just taking a really bad turn.

All of this was the silence before the arrival of a really terrible storm.

I should have known better than to believe in happy endings. Happy endings don't exist for devils in disguise, and I really was an idiot to believe all that.

I was disappointed, but not surprised. I mean, everything happened so fast. I finally got the person who treated me right, but I was also the person who threw all that away, all because of my anger. But then again, he would only get hurt because of me; I would only hurt him and break him. He is better off without me.

Tears were making my vision blurry, and just then I saw a car in front of me, and my brakes weren't working. I took a sudden turn, which threw me off the road. My car went strikingly down the hill, and when it stopped, I was barely conscious. I tried moving or calling, but my phone was broken, and I was in no position to move. Just then I heard someone laughing and saying, "Job done, and an easy one."

My eyes were struggling to be open, and just then that person kneeled down to see me. My vision was blurry, so I closed my eyes. Just then I heard him say, "How easy it is to kill the so-called mafia queen. You deserve this. I knew you were just all bark with no bite. That person chuckled and left.

I smiled sadly, thinking he was right. I truly deserve this, but I just wish I could say one last thing to Aaron. "I love you, Bear, always and forever," I said, and let darkness consume me.

                                                                                    ***

"Katherine, Kathy, Please baby wake up, Please" I Heard someonecalling my name, I opened my eyes and saw someone who lookedfamiliar to me but I couldn't recall meeting him before. 

"Doctor, Ethan she woke up, Thank god Baby you woke, You haveno idea how long I've searched for you." He sounded excited but Idon't remember him, I actually don't remember anything......