Chapter Fourteen.

It took us a while to go from Los Angeles to Hawaii. Aaron fell asleep on the couch as he tried handling Josephine. That bitch, Josephine, passed out from being drunk too much. Am I the only one who is actually sane here? But it's hard to hold on to my sanity when he's here. Gosh, look at him—cute and looking like an angel while sleeping, but sexy, hot, and hellish like the devil while he is awake. Wait, what am I even thinking? Gosh, I need to stop. This is not good for me. He is going to ruin me. I refuse to let this happen.

We reached Aaron's villa in Hawaii, and he insisted we go to his villa here and mine in Paris. And as for the Maldives, we'll figure it out later.
"Hey Aaron!" I called him out as he looked at me with what seemed like an annoyed look.

"Umm, do you want to go to the beach?" I asked him because I didn't want to be alone for once in my life, which was weird, as I always loved my own company.

"It's 11:30 p.m." He raised his eyebrow and left for his room, with a smirking Josephine walking behind him.

What is up with this guy? He is confusing the shit out of me! He acts nice, and then, out of nowhere, he happens to be the jerk he truly is! I should stay away from these two. I need to concentrate and get my head in the damn game. I shrugged my shoulders as I got ready to leave for the beach all by myself. I refused to let anyone come with me, even though the bodyguards insisted.

I soon regretted it when I reached the beach. I saw some of James's men. I remember them from when I was captive with him. I was about to leave, as I didn't want to invite any unwanted trouble, but my breath hitched when someone held my neck and pulled me closer to him. I couldn't see him, as he was behind me. But my entire world just darkened in a second when I heard his voice.

"Hey kitten, remember me?" James said that, while I could feel his hot breath on my neck, it sickened me. He pulled me even closer to him, and I couldn't even move a muscle. My body felt numb. I was being held captive by him once again, and I wanted to fight back, but my body felt weak as I understood he had drugged me.

"Sleep tight, and get ready to face the punishment kitten," James smirked as I managed to utter a "no," as I fainted.

I woke up to feel extreme pain in my head as I clung to my head, getting myself to face my miserable fate. But all I saw was Aaron sleeping on the couch and tablets next to me. Was I dreaming all this? I felt confused, but then I saw the bruises on my hand. I went to the mirror and saw the burn mark on my collarbone and a hickey on my neck, which made me feel disgusted with myself. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore as I rushed to the bathroom and locked the door.

Aaron woke up as he saw me closing the bathroom door harshly. He rushed to me and kept banging on the door, telling me that it was okay and it was going to be fine and to just let me in, to open the damn door, but I was not in my senses to listen to anyone right now. Just then, I removed the knife I keep with me all the time and slit my wrist 66 times.

Every time I cut myself, I have the habit of cutting any of my cuts 66 times. The first time I cut myself was when I lost my parents, and from then on, it became a habit of mine to release emotional pain, to repent of what I did, and to try to forget the past, but the past always comes back and bites me in the ass.

"Sugar, please," Aaron banged on the door, but a bit more gently this time.

"Hey, Bear, you told me Firecracker suited me." I chuckled painfully.

"What do you like, sugar?" Aaron asked me, as I could hear him slide down the door, leaning on the wall beside the bathroom. His voice seemed so painful.

"I don't know, sugar is good, but anything you call is great too, as long as it's you that's calling me that," I confessed.

I just didn't have it in me to deny how insane I am about this guy. I had no idea how I went from loathing him to being insane about him. Honestly, right now, I don't care about the past. I am so sick of my past ruling over me. I understood that when I was in James's hold again, I had let my past torment me for long enough to be done. I will be true to myself and focus on my future and not on my past. That's what my parents would have wanted me to do.

Aaron chuckled and said, "Don't you hate me?" "I kept telling myself that too, and maybe now that I think about it, maybe I've kept telling myself for too long," I said as I scooted towards the door and lay there on the floor while blood kept pouring out of my wrists.

"Sugar, can you please let me in? I can't handle this anymore. I can't," Aaron sobbed, but even though I wanted to, I didn't have enough energy for it; I was losing consciousness. "Bear, I can't; I am losing more blood." "If you are near the door, move away from it." "Don't worry, bear, your alliance would be fine even if I died; Clara and Alex will take care of it, and I am sure Aurora would definitely help you, too." I smiled sadly.

"I don't care about that stupid alliance; just move, and when you wake up, I will tell you everything. Please, sugar," Aaron pleaded as I did as he said, and he asked me once again if I was near the door, and I somehow managed to say no as he broke the door and took me into his arms as I fainted.

I woke up the next morning with a shitload of pain in my wrists, but I felt relieved and free. I tried to move my wrists as I felt a weight on them, but I stopped when I saw Aaron sleeping while holding my hands with dry tears on his face.

My heart clenched to see him like that, but my slightest movements ruined my sight as he woke up because of them.

"Bear," I said softly, unlike my usual self, who was mostly cold, rude, and mean.

"Sugar, we need to talk," Aaron said as he let out a shaky breath......