𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

.⊹⁀➷ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN !
↳ ❛the second task❜

⊹⁀➷ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN !↳ ❛the second task❜

THE WINTER HOLIDAYS were already over and school had just begun when they had announced the date of the second task

THE WINTER HOLIDAYS were already over and school had just begun when they had announced the date of the second task. To Annabeth's frustration, Harry, of course was still completely unprepared, despite knowing it for months now.

It was angering her all the kore that she was now sitting in an old library, when she could be doing something with Cedric. The library was already completely empty around the time of the evening.

The sun had already vanished behind the mountains and the dim candles were the only things that were still spending them light, while they searched the every book.

Annabeth had her nose stuck in a thick book about spells, when Hermione spoke up from besides her, "Harry tell me again."

Harry, who had closed his eyes while he let his head rest on a book, looked up, "Come seek us where our voices sound-" Hermione interrupted him, "The Black lake, that's obvious."

Harry didn't say anything before he continued to repeat the riddle, "An hour long you'll have to look."

The brunette girl nodded her head at him, "Again obvious, though, admittedly potentially problematic."

Harry's gaze immediately snapped back towards her, he seemed quite exhausted, "Potentially problematic? When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?"

Annabeth let out an exhausted sighed, while she gave her brother a pointed look, "Look, Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out."

The brunette had just finished her scentence when Professor Moody suddenly appeared from behind one of the bookshelfs, "Hate to break the skull session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

Harry was already about to get onto his feet when Moody shook his head, "Not you Potter. Just Weasley, Granger and your sister."

The four exchanged worried glances before Hermione spoke up, her eyes wide in shock, "But Professor, the second task is only hours away and-!"