𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

.⊹⁀➷ CHAPTER TWENTY !
❛until next year❜

⊹⁀➷ CHAPTER TWENTY !↳ ❛until next year❜

A WEEK HAD passend by since the last task and the tragic events of Cedric Diggory's death

A WEEK HAD passend by since the last task and the tragic events of Cedric Diggory's death. Annabeth had remained in her chambers for most of her days since then.

The brunnet was scared that she would break down as soon as she would hear Cedric's name being mentioned by anyone.

And that was an understandable fear, because the only topic of the last days had been Cedric's death. Everyone was speculating what had happened and Annabeth couldn't bear to hear the wild theories.

The teachers had obviously took notice of the theories, which had the consequence that Dumbeldore announced a gathering before the Holdiays began.

Silence filled the Great Hall this morning. The whole school and the students of Bauxbatong and Durmstrang had gathered.

Everyone was looking up to Dumbeldore, who stood infront of his chair. After a moment he spoke, his gaze wandering over his student.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. - Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exeptionally hard-working, infinitley fair-minded and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend."

Annabeth felt the tears whelming up in her eyes and she bit onto her lower lip to stop them from rolling down her cheeks.

Dumbeldore walked further towards the crowd of students. "Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died-", he made a small pause before his next sentence. "You see - Cedric Diggory was murdered- by Lord Voldemort!"

Annabeth saw how a many of the students shifted uncomfortably in their seats when he said those words.

But Dumbeldore continued, His voice strong and loud, "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this! But not to do, I think, would be an insult to his memory! Now, the pain- we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me - and reminds us - that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one!"