Mission together

A few days later when Ino was on duty at the Hospital , her colleague told her that someone wanted to meet her outside

"Hmm? Who?"

"I don't know" her colleague said teasingly while while wiggling eyebrows

"Hmm" Ino look at at her colleague suspiciously and walk outside her room only to see the back of someone she knew too well.

"Kakashi?" Ino question the man who stood just outside of her door. "What are you doing here?"

He turned around and looked at her, giving her an eye smile "Oh hey , Ino-chan. I just want to tell you that I will be in a mission for a week with team 8"

"Oh... what the mission is about?"

He get quite for a moment , contemplating to tell her or not  "....To locate Orochimaru's hideout"

"What?! You can't be serious..."Ino eyes widen in shock

Kakashi put a reassuring hand on her shoulder "I'm serious, Ino-chan. I will tell you more details when I get back okay? I need to be hurry"

"Okay....good luck and please be careful" Ino look at him in worry

"I will be okay" Kakashi said assuring Ino and pull her to him in a hug

Kakashi jump outside of Ino's room and run to the gate meeting up with Team 8

As Team 8 with Kakashi as their temporary leader, head off towards Orochimaru's hideout, Kiba recalls his past experience with Sakon and Ukon, an encounter which left Akamaru seriously injured. Hinata is able to tell that something is on Kiba's mind and Kiba relays his thoughts to them, although he quickly remarks that if Shikamaru and Naruto were able to take out two members of the Akatsuki, then he should be able to prove himself against one of Orochimaru's underlings.

Shino also voices his desire to prove himself on a mission, and Kiba chalks it up to Shino's irritation of not being a member of the Sasuke Recovery Team. Shino explains that his disappointment is not just because he was not available to participate in the Sasuke Recovery Mission, but also because Naruto did not recognise him when he returned to Konoha. Privately, Hinata remarks on how she too wishes to prove herself so that Naruto may finally acknowledge her, while Kakashi reflects on how far the team has matured.

In the woods, Kakashi summons Pakkun. After placing one of the crystals in Pakkun's bandaged paw, he alerts Pakkun that the crystal has one of Shino's bugs encased inside and that it was caused by one of Orochimaru's followers, and asks the hound to bring the crystal to Konoha and relay the situation to Tsunade.

Meanwhile, Guren leaves her subordinates at a deserted ruins and tells them to stay put as she heads off towards Orochimaru's hideout.

In a cave, Kiba is restless as the Orochimaru Search Team is resting. Shino reminds him that they must wait for his insects to locate the enemy and that they might as well rest while they have the chance. In the meantime, Pakkun reaches Konoha with the message from Kakashi, although he asks for some water first before relaying it.

In the hot springs, Gamatatsu and Gamakichi use a shrinking technique to enter the water, although Gamatatsu undoes the technique, causing his weight and momentum to drain the water, chasing the women out once more. Jiraiya, hearing their cries, comes out to join the women but is devastated when he finds out that they have left.