Old Enemy

With the Allied Shinobi Forces on high alert because of the imposters within their midsts, their worries are further added to when Otogakure's Sound Four is reincarnated on the battlefield. The members of Konoha's disbanded Sasuke Recovery Team, however, make short work of these opponents, displaying just how much they had grown over the years despite the amplification of their opponent's cursed seals.

However, the Alliance's cheers of victory are soon stifled as a seal activates around the defeated shinobi and Kiba Inuzuka, Akamaru, Neji Hyūga, Shikamaru Nara, and Chōji Akimichi. Elsewhere, as he moves towards the location, Naruto senses the malevolence on the battlefield as the seal activates, and rushes towards his friends' location.

As Neji, Shikamaru, Chōji, Kiba, and Akamaru regroup to assess their situation, on the other side their friends frantically try to figure out what is wrong with them.

Realising that they were all still alive but left in a form of suspended animation with weak pulses and lethargic chakra flow, Shino and Ino do what they can to keep their comrades' chakra flowing, while requesting a word be sent to HQ about the situation.

Meanwhile within the barrier erected by the Sound Four, the Konoha-nin battle it out once again for their lives. News soon reached Ino and Shino from Inoichi that their comrades were in something that he likened to a genjutsu-like state and that the only way to save them was if they were able to locate and recall their souls somehow as not even the sensory barrier at HQ was able to locate their souls.

Elsewhere as Naruto rushes towards his friends' location, he encounters a group of shinobi, and takes out a transformed White Zetsu Army clone. After affirming that there were no more enemies in the group, Naruto moves on as there were no shinobi from the Communications Team there.

Despite the fact, however, that the Konoha-nin seem to have the upper hand in their battle against the Sound Four, their enemies regroup and tell them that their efforts were futile against immortals and then informs them that even if somehow they were defeated, there was no escaping from the barrier; leaving the Konoha-nin with two options: die by their hands or have their bodies in the real world eventually give out, and die.

As the search to find their comrades' souls become frantic, both Shino and Ino will themselves to continue keeping their comrades alive by keep channeling their chakra into their comrades body.

"Please be okay" Shino and Ino said simultaneously.

Within the barrier, the battle wages on between the Sound Four and the members of the disbanded Sasuke Recovery Team. Meanwhile on the battlefield, Naruto is finally able to get in touch with HQ after finally finding someone from the Communications Team. When told that there was nothing that could be done as there was no-one in the Allied Shinobi Forces that could sense souls, Naruto lashes out at Shikaku for his seeming indifference to the welfare of his own son, but Shikaku merely notes that as the Chief Strategist of the Alliance, it was his duty to keep a level head and co-ordinates their efforts on the battlefield.

Back within the barrier, as the Konoha-nins' efforts seem even more wasted, they are further perplexed by Shikamaru's constant aggravation of their opponents amidst their seemingly coordinated attacks. The Sound Four's true intention is soon revealed, as they note that they had become more powerful by carrying a vengeful will which was empowering them beyond their imagination — believing that Orochimaru was the one to have reincarnated them. This soon proves to be their undoing as their ill-will festered and grew to tremendous levels, seeping out of the barrier, allowing Naruto to pin-point their location.

Realising the rationale behind Shikamaru's indirect and aggravating attacks, on the other side of the barrier Naruto creates an enormous Rasenshuriken and successfully destroys the barrier, freeing his comrade's souls which return to their bodies.

Back in their bodies, the Alliance is overjoyed to see their comrades alive and well.

"I'm glad that you all are back and okay!" Ino hug them tightly and they pat her back softly .

"This is Chōji that you're talking about, what do you think?" Choji said confidently .

Shikamaru eye him " yeah...yeah" rolling his eyes.

Conversely, however, Naruto worries that negative feelings were still festering all over on the battlefield.