Chapter 2 part 2

Chapter 2 part 2

Samuel

Shutting the door as quietly as he could he stumbled over to the couch that both Ellie and Amanda had fallen asleep on.

He lightly shook Amanda, informing her that she could go home or she was welcome to stay the night since it was late.

He made his way back to his room as fast as he could, which wasn't very fast, and sat down on his bed. He stared at the wall as how tired he was hit him all at once.

He put his head in his hands and took an abnormally deep breath. He knew he had to take care of his wound before going to bed, but he wanted to stall as long as possible.

He started dozing off before snapping back into reality at a knock on his bedroom door.

"Yes?" He tried to push the tiredness and pain of out his voice and succeeded just enough for it to not be questioned.

"Sorry to bother you Mr. Reed. I just want to let you know I put Ellie to bed and I'm about to go back to my house."

"Alright, be safe. Thank you"

He would usually remind her to just call him Samuel and go check on his daughter, but he was sure just a few extra words or actions would put him out.

He finally got up and went to be bathroom. He sat on the floor and pulled a first aid kit out of the cabinet below the sink, not bothering being neat about it.

It was far from abnormal for him to come home with injuries so he already had everything he needed right there and knew what he was doing.. mostly.

The tiredness was taking a hard toll on him as he found himself opening small band aids and trying to wrap up his injury before washing it even a little.

After he was done patching himself up, which took longer than he was willing to admit, he finally stood up off the bathroom floor and made his way to bed.

Samuel knew there was lots he needed to think about and take care of, but nothing could keep him from sleep anymore. He didn't even get under any covers or adjust his pillows before he was fast asleep.

The next morning

"Fuck me" Samuel mumbled as he pressed 'stop' on his alarm clock. He sat up and stared at the the wall without a single thought in his head.

After staring at the wall, thoughtless and motionless. A fly landing on his forehead finally snapped him back into reality. He went to slap the fly but inevitably ended up just smacking himself in the forehead.

"Damnit"

Samuel wasn't typically one to curse, but he was on 4 hours of sleep and it was far too early to think of anything else to say.

He glanced over to his alarm clock to see the time displayed was 6:32AM. His heart skipped at least three beats and he jumped up only to fall to the floor remembering the events of the night before.

"Shit!" He looked at the old bandages on his leg that he knew he didn't have time to change.

He worked on a pretty tight schedule. He had to have Ellie at daycare by 7 so he had just enough time to get his morning coffee and head home to shower and get dressed as 'the hero' so he could appear at the police station before 8:30. It took a surprisingly long time to get ready as 'the hero' which made his head hurt just thinking about it.

Of course from there he just helped out with any more difficult cases the police needed to take care of such as shootings, robberies, reported gang violence, and of course any sightings of the villain. Usually he ended up traveling far to take care of these things on the outsides of the city and often even in other cities. However, he would consistently get called for nearby gang violence. And he would also consistently show up just after everyone retreats.