Chapter 5 part 1

Chapter 5 part 1

Matias

The villain watched as the hero strayed away to the bathroom to wet a cloth. He had been trying to ignore it, but he was in excruciating pain, and was struggling a bit to stay awake.

He let out a yawn, wincing as he felt the pain in his neck intensify.

"I wouldn't do that, you might make it bleed more" the hero spoke, walking out of the bathroom.

"Don't tell me what to do, hero. I cant prevent yawning anyways"

"Well actually-"

"Don't correct me."

The hero lifted the villains shirt up only a few inches above his wound.

"This is going to hurt, you might want to prepare yourself" the hero warned.

"Just do it and quit treatin me like a damn kid"

The villain spat out his response, though he was desperately trying to prepare himself, mentally and physically.

The hero sighed, glancing up at the villain. He wanted to make a remark back, but knew it wasn't fair to start an argument while the villain was in this condition.

The hero dabbed the damp cloth at the edge of his wound.

The villain felt chills go through is whole body and a shock of pain went through the area. He sucked in some air and stiffened his spine, trying not to let the hero know how much pain he was in.

"Tell me if I need to stop and give you a break, okay?" The hero spoke softly and worry was obvious in his tone.

The villain didn't respond.

Matias wanted to scream from pain, especially as he felt the cloth dab all over his stomach. Though no matter how much pain he was in, he refused to let the hero look down on him. He knew the hero thought of him as an awful person, and he wasn't going to let someone who thought that about him feel sympathy towards him.

A miserable ten minutes passed and the villain was doing everything in his power to not yell out. His uninjured arm was raised up, tangling his hand in his hair. He was aggressively chewing on his lip which was bleeding out into his mouth.  His legs had begun to shake and his eyes were watering.

"Okay stop" The villain grunted, tightening his grip on his hair.

The hero looked up, realizing for the first time how much pain the villain was obviously in.

"Are you okay? You could've told me to stop sooner if you needed a break you know?" The hero's voice trembled only slightly as he spoke.

The villain gave no response and bit down a harder on his lip. He stared intensely at the ceiling. He couldn't believe he allowed this to happen. He couldn't believe he had yelled out and now the hero was worried about him.

"I'll get you a glass of water. Give me just a second" the hero left in the direction behind the couch and out of the villains sight.

The villain pulled himself up on the couch slowly, keeping the grunts coming from his mouth as quiet as he could. He scanned over the room, taking in the area around him. There was a normal sized tv in front of him and two paintings of flowers on either side. He looked left and saw a short hallway which must've let to a bedroom. He looked right, seeing another dark hallway only a couple of feet away, but he was more focused on what was in the hall.

His eyes widened as he made eye contact with a little girl who couldn't be older than seven. He turned around, checking that the hero wasn't coming back and returned his gaze to the girl. He pulled his mask down slowly and lowered his voice.