Chapter 20 part 2

Chapter 20 part 2

Samuel

It was no surprise being woken up to bright lights and the annoying beeping of machines. He had gotten used to that.

It was a surprise, however, to find five different doctors and nurses surrounding him as he awoke.

He blinked a few times, assuring he was seeing everything correctly, before looking around the room.

Everything looked mostly the same, the only difference being all the people. That and the machines had moved ever so slightly from the doctors who must've been working on them while he slept.

Once he was adjusted to being awake, one of the doctors spoke up.

"How are you feeling?" A feminine voice asked.

He was sure he had seen her multiple times before, but still didn't know her name. He didn't know any of their names.

"Better" he replied dryly.

It was true, he was feeling better. He was feeling amazing, actually. Compared to how he was feeling before at least.

"Well, that's good because.." she glanced around at the other doctors.

Samuel felt himself tense, waiting for her to continue.

Finally a different doctor, a male one with a noticeably deep voice, spoke up.

"You have been getting much better, and you should be able to leave within the next week"

Samuel's heart sped up immensely and he started to fidget with his hand. He had been in the hospital for so long now, at least two months, he knew, and he had never been more ready to leave.

The hospital was cold and bright and it was hard to get good sleep. Not to mention it was ungodly boring.

That wasn't why he was so excited to get out though. He was excited to see Ellie. Surely Amanda has been taking good care of her— Samuel didn't want to think about Amanda though, considering she must know Samuels the hero now— but he was still worried.

"How many days?" Samuel finally asked.

The doctors looked at him curiously.

"How many days until I can leave" he repeated, being more clear.

A few of the doctors looked at one another, clearly not knowing the answer, until another doctor spoke up.

"Maybe around four days, though it could be a bit longer or shorter" he looked at Samuel for approval "it's hard to be sure"

Samuel nodded, though he couldn't help but be annoyed. It wasn't the doctors fault, he knew, but it was still infuriating. He was desperate to get out of the hospital.

"However you'll only be able to leave if you have some kind of checkup almost every day" another doctor spoke up.

Samuel nodded once again, even more annoyed.

He tried his best not to show it on his face, but was sure the doctors could see his shift in mood.

"If you have to do daily checkups, can't I just leave today?" He questioned, desperate.

The doctors looked at each other once again.

"We'll see what we can do" the same deep voiced man spoke up, "but there is no guarantee"

Samuel nodded, again, and looked down at his lap. He was covered in a thin white blanket and had on an even thinner hospital gown. Neither helped with the cold, and the cold didn't help with his sour mood.