Chapter 5 part 2

Chapter 5 part 2

Samuel

Never in his life did Samuel think he'd find himself in this situation. In the last few hours his enemy had seen his face, found out he had a daughter, and somehow figured out his name.

"You gonna keep standin there or are you going to sit down?"

Samuel snapped back into reality hearing the villains voice. He looked over only to see the villain sitting on his couch and patting the spot beside him.

Samuel forced his legs to stop shaking and went over to the couch, sitting closer than he would've liked to the villain.

"I'm sure you have questions, go ahead" the villain said in a disturbingly calm tone.

"Why do you look so familiar?" The hero spoke without thinking about his words.

"I mean- uh.. don't answer that! I didn't mean to say that" the hero rambled

He could feel his face turn red and he buried it in his hands.

"Nah it's all good. As much as I hate to do this, I know too much about you for you to trust me knowing nothing about me"

The hero felt the villain move a bit and glanced up. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open just a bit. He fixed his posture and stared at the man before him.

The sense that he recognized him grew stronger, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He studied the villains features, acknowledging his pale skin, lips that seemed to form a frown though the villain didn't appear too upset, and a roman nose. He racked his brain on where he knew him from before it hit him like a train.

"You work at the coffee shop! You're.. what was your name again?"

The villain chuckled, shockingly calm considering the situation.

"Now why would I tell you my name?" The villain smiled mockingly.

Samuel spend another second staring at  the villains face before responding.

"I'm going to find out anyways, right? Unless you plan to quit your job that you've had for years before the next time I go." Samuel tried his best to push away the shock and sound at least a little like he wasn't scared out of his mind.

"Or I could just wear a different name tag, we keep most of our old workers tags just in case" the villain proudly

Samuel looked down at his lap awkwardly.

"Matias.. my names Matias"

Samuel looked up at him once again, finally remembering the name of the angry-looking man who gave him his coffee. He had to assume that was just how Matias's face looked considering even now he looked a bit tipped off.

"That isn't your only question right? 'Why do you look so familiar' isn't the only thing you wanted to know?"

Samuel chucked, surprising even himself. He remembered just who he was talking to and wiped the smile off his face.

"Why do you do the things that you do?"

Samuel repeated the question he had asked the villain in the alley. He watched as the small smile vanished from Matias's face and his bottom lip curled inward.

"I know you got upset last time I asked, but it's a genuine question. You steal, and kill, and cause all kinds of issues in gangs. There has to be a good reason, right?"

Samuel kept his eyes locked on the villain, trying to make the villain look back at him. The villain was simply staring off to the side, chewing on his lip and remaining silent. The hero didn't want to scare him off, but he couldn't keep helping the man in his living room without having some kind of reassurance that he wasn't a bad person.