Chapter 7 part 1

Chapter 7 part 1

Matias

"I've got to get to work, I'm supposed to be there at 7:15" He informed Samuel, walking to the door.

"Didn't I already tell you? You can't go to work like this!"

Matias wanted to be annoyed at how Samuel was always telling him what to do, but for some odd reason, he wasn't. If anyone else had tried to boss him around like that he'd be more than angry. But something was just different about Samuel.

"Of course I can, I've went to work in worse condition.. kinda"

He turned to walk out the door before Samuel stopped him once again.

"I'm serious Matias. You can't go anywhere, let alone work, in this condition." Samuel sternly spoke as he walked over to stand by Matias at the door.

"I'm serious too, I'm the only person taking orders today until 2. What time is it anyway?" Matias leaned onto the wall beside the door.

He watched as Samuel lifted his wrist and attempted to check his watch. He let out a sigh and dropped his wrist after realizing he wasn't wearing it.

"What does it say?" Matias asked with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah, let me grab my phone. Stay here, I'm serious" Samuel pointed a finger at Matias before retreating back to one of the rooms. Matias assumed it was his bedroom.

Matias turned to leave before instantly pausing and turning back away from the door. There was no way he could go to work straight from Samuels house. He couldn't walk back from Samuels house back to his own and still show up on time either. That was assuming Matias was right about it being around 6:20.

"So uh.. what time did you say you had to be there?" Samuel awkwardly walked back to where Matias was standing.

"7:15" Matias looked back up to Samuel who was staring at his phone screen.

"Why? What time is it?"

Samuel looked up as if he had suddenly realized the situation.

"6:45" He hurriedly said, watching Matias's expression change.

"6:45?! I cant make it to work in that little time!" Matias shouted as if it was Samuels fault.

He put a hand on his head and angrily looked around the room.

"You have a car right?" He finally asked

"What?" Samuel said, clearly caught off guard by the question.

"A car. You have one, don't you?" Matias stared at Samuel awaiting his response.

Samuel stared back at Matias dumbfounded as if trying to process the question.

"Oh! Yes, I have a car, why?" Samuel said as he finally came to his senses.

"I need to borrow it, I can't get to work on time otherwise" Matias was truly determined to get to work. The people there had been overly good to him and he felt bad inconveniencing then even in the slightest.

"What? You can't just take the car! I have to get Ellie to daycare. She's supposed to be there in fifteen minutes!" Samuel objected.

"Well I have to be at work thirty minutes and I still have to go back to my place and change!" Matias argued back. They both came to a realization that their schedules clashed in an unfortunate way.

"You know what, I'll go get Ellie ready and then we can talk about this. My daughter comes first"

Samuel spoke sternly, ending the argument. Matias watched as he limped back to Ellie's room. He probably needed to be staying off that leg more than he was. Matias considered going back there too, but figured he may seem intrusive if he did. He opted for sitting back down on the couch, just standing up made the stab in his torso ache a bit.