Chapter 16 part 2

Chapter 16 Part 2

(For the sake of the timeline this chapter and the next chapter will both be from Matias's POV rather than Samuels since Samuel is literally unconscious right now)

***

Matias laid Samuel down in the backseat of the car before climbing in next to him.

He pulled his hoodie off over his head, ignoring the pain from a large cut in his arm that he didn't even remember getting. He lifted Samuel up and laid the jacket beneath his torso before pulling the sleeves up.

He tied the hoodie around his stomach, the knot pressing into his wound. The blood slowed significantly, but Matias was almost certain you weren't supposed to stop blood like that.

The cop started the car and in no less than a second the lights were on and they were speeding down the road.

The movement of the car made Matias's head pound. He had already been drowsy from not only fighting but also stress, so being in a speeding car only made things so much worse.

His eyelids fluttered up and down, fighting to close. His head began bobbing as well, sleep pushing at every corner. The only thing keeping him awake was the unconscious man beside him. He couldn't just leave him.

"You are under arrest. We will be taking you to prison after he is taken to the hospital" the officer spoke abruptly

Matias took longer than normal to process the words the man had just said.

"I'm making sure he's okay" Matias managed to respond.

His voice was flat and dry, but it took all of him to prevent it from faltering.

He saw the officer give a confused and probably judgmental look in the mirror, but paid it no mind.

The officer very obviously had something to say, but kept his mouth shut.

In only a few more minutes they were pulling into the hospital parking lot, cars clearing the way as they pulled right up to the door. There were doctors already waiting by the door along with cops circling the area.

"This really necessary?" Matias questioned, annoyed, to the man who clearly informed them of the situation.

As soon as they came to a stop a female officer yanked open the door. She had a sharp scowl on her face and wasted no time grabbing tightly onto Matias's arm. Hell, she probably would've dragged him out of the car if the hero wasn't partially rested on his lap.

She gave him enough moving freedom to exit the car without hurting Samuel, but practically dragged him away as soon as he was standing outside the vehicle.

Matias spun around only to be met with dozens of cops with guns pointed right at his face and shields held up to their chins. They genuinely thought he was that much of a threat.

"Put your hands behind your head and lay down on the ground!" One of the officers shouted through a megaphone.

The woman who had pulled him out of the car was now steadily backing up to join the rest of the crowd that circled around him.

He knew it wasn't a good idea, but Matias couldn't help but turn around to see what they were doing with Samuel. They hadn't taken the mask off, thankfully, and he was being situated on one of those beds on wheels that they carry people around the hospital in.

"Don't move! We will shoot!" The same cop yelled even louder through the megaphone.

All of the police had stern looks on their faces, but were very clearly terrified. Matias could see them shifting and fidgeting, freezing up whenever he tried to look them in the eye.