Chapter 8 Part 2

Chapter 8 part 2

Samuel

In just two days Samuel went from hating 'the villain' to adoring Matias. It puzzled him how he had never noticed how sweet the villain really is. Now he found himself hugging onto him tightly, not wanting to let go anytime soon.

He obviously didn't believe that their years of battles didn't bother Matias, and he was going to do his best to ensure that Matias trusted him and really knew how sorry he was.

"Thank you" Samuel spoke gratefully

"Oh uh.. it's nothing really.." Matias responded awkwardly

Samuel noticed pretty early on that Matias always got awkward when anything sentimental was happening. He made a point to let Matias know how grateful he was. Partially because he was incredibly grateful, and partially because he thought it was a bit ironic seeing the villain become nervous and fidgety.

Samuel wanted to continue enjoying me moment but there was a nagging feeling that he was forgetting something. He had constantly felt it whenever he was leaving his house or going home after a long day, but it rarely meant he was actually forgetting anything. However, every time he felt it, it was like he couldn't focus on anything else until he figured out what he was forgetting or ensured himself that he wasn't forgetting anything.

He backed up away from Matias and glanced around the room

"I feel like I'm forgetting something" Samuel straight forwardly stated.

Matias gave him a look of curiosity but Samuel paid it no mind. His eyes continued to wander the room until they landed on the hallway that led to Ellie's room. He wasted no time checking his watch and his eyes widened at the time it displayed.

"Shit!" Samuel shouted

He quickly made his way back to his room and grabbed the car keys off of his dresser.

"Dude what the hell is goin on?" Matias entered the room right as Samuel was making his way back out of it.

"I forgot about Ellie! She's supposed to be picked up no later than five!" Samuel shouted and frantically put on his shoes.

"Stay here! I'll be back in a few"

And with that Samuel was out the door. As he was rushing to his car the took a mental note of the blood staining the concrete in front of his house. He really needed to take care of that.

He nearly sped all the way to the daycare. The drive was only a few minutes but it felt like multiple long hours.

When he got there he sprung out of his car, breathless, and met Ellie's teacher who was standing with Ellie in front of the day care.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't-" Samuel was cut off by Ellie's teacher, Mrs. Adams, holding her hand up.

"Mr. Reed this is just about the hundredth time you've been late to pick your daughter up. Not to mention it's 5:30. You are thirty minutes late" Mrs. Adams scolded.

She was usually a sweet lady, but he could be harsh in situations like these. Samuel knew she was only doing her job, but it was still awful for him.

"I know, and I'm so sorry" Samuel tried to explain but she stopped him again.

"We have already given you more chances than we would even consider giving anyone else. I'm sorry Mr. Reed, but you're going to have to find another daycare"

Samuel could feel his heart rate pick up and suddenly felt really hot. Mrs. Adams handed Ellie to him and returned into the building before Samuel could say another word.