Chapter 4: The Final Goodbye

Here's another chapter of Mated to an Enemy.

If anyone is interested in helping me with this and my other story 'The Lyre', CHECK MY MESSAGE at the END OF THE THIS CHAPTER. Thank you and Enjoy!

  Chapter 4: Final Goodbye

Amy stood there, listening to all the cries. Anger and sadness coursed through her veins. Why John? Why now? She could not move her feet.

Cassie did not shed a single tear. That seemed strange, especially for a girl who always showed her emotions and fell hopelessly in love with her mate. She closed her eyes; it was so unbearable to see and hear their cries. She walked up to his casket and looked at John’s lifeless body.

Pale and white. She touched his skin, it was icy cold. Her eyes moved to his neck and her anger flared even more. How could they do this to him, she thought. They broke the damn treaty!

Cassie gave him one last kiss and stepped aside. John’s father closed the casket. The other male members of the pack walked aimlessly towards the casket. With six effortless lifts, they carried John to the pack’s cemetery.

Amy stayed in the church, not wanting to see any more of it all. She was too angry. Why did the spirits allow this? John was far too young. He would’ve made a great alpha! He had always obeyed the rules. If anything, she deserved to die. She was always the troublemaker. The one who’d ruin everything. A pang of guilt ran through her. It was all her fault, she thought, she was the only one who can fix it.

Three hours later, Cassie sat her to Amy.

“How long have you been sitting here?” Cassie asked with concern. She’d always been like this. No matter how depressed or bad she felt, she’d always have the need to comfort others. That’s one of the reasons why John was so crazy about her.

“An hour or so.” Truthfully, Amy had no idea how long she’d been there.

“They laid John to rest.” Cassie muttered.

“I know.” Amy tried her best not to look at her face. She knew that looking at Cassie would only bring back all the guilt and pain. She needs to be emotionless. She needs to be strong, maybe until after she gets her revenge.

“None of it was your fault, Amy. If that’s what you’re thinking. John loved you like his own little sister. John had always been selfless. He puts everyone else’s needs before his.” Cassie smiled weakly.

“I know but I just can’t help it, Cassie. I want revenge.” Amy said menacingly, it made Cassie jumped a little.

“Listen, I’m his mate. I feel like my whole world has been torn into pieces but I know that John would’ve wanted me to try o be happy. With that much hate in your heart, you can never be happy. Just stop and think about what I just told you, Amy. John only wanted one thing for us and that is happiness.” Cassie locked her sad eyes with Amy’s infuriated ones. She stood up and walked away.

Amy shook her head. John would’ve wanted justice. And that is what she’ll give him. She stood up and walked until she came to her destination.

John Anthony Whitlock

A great friend, A lovable mate, and A Prodigal son and brother

He will always be missed and loved.

Amy traced his name with her fingers. The wind stopped blowing and it seemed as if silence was the only one to accompany her.

With a voice so full of anger and hatred, she spoke. “This shouldn't have happened to you! You don't deserve any of this. This may be my final goodbye to you, but I know someday we'll meet again. Before that day comes, I assure you that you will be avenged. I don’t care if I have to put my own life at risk, I will make them pay. The Luna lost their alpha and so will the Solaris.” A big flash of light followed by a deafening boomed made its way down to earth. Rain started to pour. Amy stood there with her fists clenched and eyes filled with so much hatred.

------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 4-------------------------------------------

COMMENT?

VOTE?

BECOME A FAN?

Sorry if this is short. School is becoming more and more hectic for it is over in two weeks! (WOOT WOOT!) I will try to finish this and my other story 'The Lyre' during summer. Anyone have ideas? 

IMPORTANT: 

If you can imagine what'll happen in the next chapter of this story or pick up where i left off in 'The Lyre', I'd be glad to read it. Maybe send it to me in a PM or you can upload it and I'll find time to check it out. I am still not sure about the endings of these stories, so hit me up with your own ideas. Maybe we can work something out? I am in great need of a co-writer.  :D  Soooo, yeah. You have to be trustworthy and I'd have to see a sample of your work which will be what I'd been typing about up there^.