Chapter 11: Dirty Lil' Tricks

Vote. Comment. Become a fan?

Enjoy!

Chapter 11: Dirty Lil’ Tricks

A few weeks passed after their first date. Amy and Damon spent lots of time together. He was a complete gentleman to her. He’d open doors for her, give her a kiss on the cheek, leave flowers in her locker, and even pull out chairs for her to sit on. It wasn’t much of a big deal in other people’s eyes, but in Amy’s, it was a very big deal. She found herself falling more and more for Damon.

Rumors started that Amy and Damon had a ‘thing’ going on. What was the ‘thing’ that they were talking about, anyway? Amy shook her head, not even entertaining the rumors.

It was Friday and Amy couldn’t find the keys to her car. Where? Oh, right! She ran back to the school to look for her locker. She found it, opened it up and found nothing but her books there. Where could it be!?

“Looking for these?” A familiar voice spoke up. Amy turned and smiled.

“Where and how did you know?” She asked as she reached for them. He lifted up his hand, teasing her.

“You dropped it while you were rushing to your History class. And I saw you digging through your bag in the parking lot.” He smirked as he held it up higher.

“Give it, please?” She put on her puppy dog face and pouter her lips. He groaned but still held the keys up in his hands.

“I’ll give it to you in one condition.” He grinned.

“Okay, what is it?” She frowned as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’ll give you your keys if you’d go to the football game with me later on,” He challenged.

“No duh, I am their assistant coach. I HAVE to be there,” she threw her hands up in defeat.

“Oh uh, okay then. It’s a date?” He made it sound like a question.

“Yes sure. I need my keys right now. I need to pick up some of the players and I still have some plays to discuss with them. This is the first game of the season, we need to win,” she was getting a bit annoyed now.

“Here they are,” he handed her the keys and continued, “See you later. You look very cute when you frown by the way.” She was very thankful that he was walking away. He could’ve seen her scarlet red cheeks and made fun of her. “I bet you’re blushing now too. I find that very cute too.” He called to her over his shoulder. She smiled at how sweet he was.

Amy drove home to find most of her players there. Jonathan was the quarterback. The others were warming up for the game. They needed to win this. It was their first match, their match against the Solaris.

“Amy, so glad you can make it here,” Jonathan called out. Amy glared at him.

“Listen up!” Amy cried out as the others crowded around her. “We are going to need you all to be more defensive. Endurance is also important here. Control your temper, they don’t play fair. If you get yourselves benched, I will surely make your practices a living hell. As much as possible, I don’t want any humans taking part in this. They will all be benched. Winning this is a must.”

All of them nodded and went back to practicing their plays. Amy watched them proudly. She couldn’t believe that these were the same boys she coached in her freshman year. The same boys who couldn’t even survive her killer practices. Now it was all too easy for them. She crossed her arms over her chest, smiling proudly.