Chapter 22: Jerk

Chapter 22: Jerk

Amy stirred as she felt the urge to relief herself take over her. Her eyes shot opened as she carefully tried to free herself. Carson let out a low groan, tightening his hold on her.

“Carson, wake up! I need to pee,” she moved her body, trying to wiggle herself free.

“Amelia, I swear to the spirits if you don’t stop that I…” He groaned once again, taking deep breaths. “I won’t have a choice but to take you again,” he mumbled, breathing on her neck. Amy bit her lip, loving the way his hot breath felt on her skin.

“I need to use the bathroom… Please?” she breathed out. Suddenly, all of the warmth left her body as the blankets fell on the floor.

“Leave it to you to arouse me early in the morning,” he mumbled, chucking a pair of his boxers on.

Shaking her head, Amy entered the bathroom and decided to take a shower. She took slow and small steps, flinching at how painful it was to walk. The warmth of the water calmed her tense muscles. The pain was slowly subsiding too. Pulling on her robes and fastening them tightly, she entered the room and looked for some clothes.

“You’re no fun! You didn’t even let me take a shower with you,” he playfully pouted, walking over to her.

“Stop being such a damn baby and kiss me!” She grabbed him forcefully, giving him a breathtaking, passionate kiss. Amy loved the way he pouted; it was a strange turn on for her. “If you’ll excuse me, I’d like to get some breakfast.

“Amelia,” he whined, “you are such a tease!”

“But you love me anyway,” she winked and headed down the kitchen. She took a bowl and poured herself some cereal and milk.

A couple of minutes later, Carson came down with a pair of jeans on. “You clean up very well and fast,” Amy came over and pecked his cheek.

“I’m a guy,” he shrugged and started to munch on some bread.

Amy looked around, loving the feel of the modernized kitchen. Almost all of the pots were made of stainless steel. Straining her eyes a bit more, she hissed at the sight of her neck.

“What the hell are we going to do about this?” she shrieked, pointing to her neck.

Carson merely shrugged, not making a big deal out of his mark. Who would? She was his and he was hers, simple as that.

As if reading his mind, she argued, “Oh no, mister! This is not as simple as it seems. I’m the Alpha of my pack! And you are an Alpha of yours too! Damn it! I knew this was bad… This is very bad.”

“Would you stop over reacting? It’s just a mark. That means you’re mine. Wherever I go, you go too. So, I think it’s best if you move in with me and my pack,” he used his Alpha tone on the last part.

“Oh hell no! You did not just try to use that Alpha tone on me! And you are not making me join your pack! I love my pack! I will not sleep well knowing that I’m near a pack of cold blooded murderers! I should’ve known!” She slapped her palm onto her forehead.

“Do. Not. Judge. My. Pack!” He stood up, clenching his fists and breathing deeply. “You have no right to do so!”

“Do I? It’s not like your pack took my cousin away. The real Alpha of the Lunas. It’s not like you killed my Beta’s mate too, weakening him in the process. It’s not like you tricked me into mating with you, just so you can take me away too,” she countered.

He shook his head, not believing her at all. Hasn’t she learned to trust him?

“What? Dog’s got your tongue?” She taunted. “Come on! Tell me I’m wrong! Defend yourself!” She challenged, feeling her Alpha blood boil. Still, no answer. “What? You are just like that damn father of yours. So conniving, evil and heartless! I bet that’s how you were formed too. I mean, who in their right mind would fall for a guy like that? Someone desperate, that’s who.” It was one thing to talk about his father, but another about his mother. That definitely struck a nerve.

A loud smack was formed as a red hand print formed on her cheek. His eyes turned crimson red as his body shook convulsively.

“You are no different from him,” she clutched onto her cheek as she turned and headed for the door.

“Stop,” he grabbed her hand, only to have the other punch his straight in the face. Blood started to spurt out of his nose, but he couldn’t care less.

“Mate or not, I will always choose my pack above anyone else. Goodbye Alpha Carson,” she took her hand back and walked off.

“I was the result of my father’s sick and twisted game of having his way with innocent women… My mother was the most unfortunate one, to bear a child with him first… To have been forced to be tied down to a heartless Alpha like him,” he explained, making her turn back to him. Tear freely sprung out of his eyes. “I am no better than him too. I’m truly sorry for letting my wolf get the best of me. But I assure you, what happened last night was a result of only one thing- love. There are no hidden motives behind it. I’m in love with you, Amelia. And I screwed up… I’m just so sorry. I hope you’d forgive me someday. Though it pains me to say this, you can do whatever you want,” Amy felt her heart constrict at the sight of him. The bond that they had was getting stronger. Within a few more hours, she’d be able to access his inner thoughts. “You’re free,” he whispered against her neck as he bit down again. Dropping onto his knees, he screamed out in pain. “Good…Bye,” he croaked out as he shifted and ran towards his land.

Amy placed her hand onto her neck, feeling her smooth skin once again. Could it be? Rushing back home, she used her speed and ran all the way back to the pack house. Ignoring all of the questionable looks, she ran into the nearest bathroom. Taking a deep breath, she look at her neck. Nothing. Absolutely nothing! The mark was gone! He took it back.

Just like that, Amy fell on her bum and started to sob uncontrollably. Why couldn’t they be the typical happy mates like the others around her? Why must everything be so complicated?

“I’m such a big mouthed jerk,” she croaked, letting all of the salty tears out. 

-------------------------END OF CHAPTER 22-----------------------------

Tell me what you think?

Should I continue or delete and then rewrite? I'm totally going blank with this.