Chapter 30: War?

Chapter 30: War?

Amy awoke to the smell of scrumptious eggs and bacon and the sound of the sizzling pans. Carson hummed to himself lightly as he worked his way around the kitchen. Amy stood in awe of watching him with his slightly pink face and his bare back. His muscles contracted, showing his perfectly toned back.

Amy dazed off, imagining what hours before. The way his body moved against hers and the way they fit perfectly together, it was all too overwhelming. Carson felt Amy’s presence, causing a smug grin to spread across his face. Amy looked closely and felt her whole face heat up. There were numerous pink claw marks that were still healing on his back. Did she do that? She didn’t mean to!

“It’s okay love,” he turned and met her with a dazzling smile. “It doesn’t hurt. It was actually quite pleasurable. I’d love for you to do that more often.”

The heat from her face spread across her body. Amy walked over and sat onto the stool, not wanting to have a repeat of the other night. Her body was still exhausted. The man really knew how to tire her out!

“Hope you like some eggs and bacon,” he mumbled before setting a plate in front of her. She gobbled it all down for she has skipped dinner the night before. The eggs were cooked perfectly as the bacons were brown and crispy. He knew what she liked. He laughed as he continued to watched her in amusement.

“What?” She asked, touching her face. “Is there something on my face?”

“Pretty much,” he whispered before leaning in and kissing her lightly. She smiled and looked down sheepishly.

“Carson?” Her head cocked to the side as she looked at him questioningly.

“Yeah?” He asked, focusing on her luscious lips.

“Never mind,” she shook her head lightly before giving him a small smile.

“No, tell me. Is something wrong?” His voice laced with concern as he interlocked their hands together.

“No…It’s just…” She trailed, biting her lower lip. He stared at her with worry. She was killing him with the anticipation!

“What is it love?” His brows creased in frustration.

“Are you going to eat that?” She pointed to his plate full of bacon and eggs. He looked at her in disbelief. That’s what the big question was?

“Help yourself,” he pushed the plate towards her and chuckled lightly.

“Thanks,” she mumbled before gulping down the rest of his food. She gave out a loud burp, feeling the blush creep onto her cheeks again. Carson threw his head back and laughed. He hasn’t laughed as hard and freely as that in years!

“I’m glad you like my cooking that much,” he smiled to himself.

“How’d you learn how to cook like this? Only one person knows how I like my eggs and bacons,” she watched as he took the plates and washed them himself.

“When you were… Gone… Both of our packs thought it was best if we joined forces against the Vampyres… And we did. Months later, we have destroyed the border and built an extension to your pack house. Ours needed a whole lot of renovation anyways,” he rubbed the back of his neck, sending her a small smile. “Anyways, during the past few years, we never gave up. We still hoped you’d come back. And your aunt and I got closer. She’d talk about you for hours. I even found myself cooking with her; some of them were your favorite meals. Your uncle is a great man too. It’s just a great feeling you know,” he trailed looking at her with his glassy emerald eyes. A small stray tear fell, causing her to wrap his arms around him automatically.  

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there,” she whispered lightly before kissing him.

“It’s none of your fault. Your uncle… He was one of the main people I’ve turned to during the darkest days,” he grinned charmingly.

“My uncle? Really?” She asked in shock. Her father? The one who’d cry at night over his dead son? The uncle who despised the Solaris for taking his heir away from him? She was truly surprised at that.

“He spent time with me… We did things that a father and son would usually do… I never thought I’d experience that feeling... The feeling that only a father can give to his son. Your uncle has showed me that and that gave me more hope. I just knew that I had to get you back, especially when I found out you were with my child. I desperately wanted you take you back because I didn’t want my child to be like me… It’s hard living without a father,” his voice laced with determination and love made her heart swell. Her mate has gotten along with her whole pack- her family.

“I want to go home. I’m sure Anastasia would be looking for me,” she whispered as he sent her a huge smile.

“Anastasia… I love it,” he grinned, pulling her into the woods. “Let’s go?”

“Eager much?” she chuckled before shifting into her golden wolf.

They ran back into the pack house at full speed. At the sight of the new pack house, Amy’s eyes bulged. The house was literally turned into a mansion! There must’ve added two more floors to the house! She shifted back, feeling a warm cloth cover her.

“Welcome back sweetie,” Beth smiled warmly as she handed Carson a robe to cover himself too. “She’s been crying for you. Poor girl thought you left her,” she frowned before leading them into the mansion.

The house was well furnished with leather coaches and the fireplace was five times bigger than before. All in all, the house still looked warm inside.

“Where’s my mommy! I want my mommy,” her baby girl screeched as she stomped out of what Amy assumed was the kitchen. Tears flow freely down her rosy cheeks. Her golden eyes sparkled as she saw Amy. “Mommy!”

“How’s it going baby girl? I’m here. Mommy is never going to leave you,” she cooed, kissing her forehead lightly.

“Mommy, where daddy?” Anastasia inquired, craning her neck over Amy’s shoulder.

“He’s not here sweetheart… But Carson is here,” at that, Carson appeared from behind her.

“Hey there,” he greeted, taking in the beautiful girl in his mate’s arms.

“You’re not my daddy! Where is he!?” She screamed once again, tears escaping her eyes. “I want my daddy! I miss him!”

Carson felt his heart break at the sound of her cries. Even more, she didn’t want him to be his father. She was so accustomed to Damon being her father figure.  

“I’m sorry,” Amy murmured, looking at him in the eyes. Her eyes full of pain mirrored his. It’s okay.

“Alpha,” Blaze rushed in quickly. “The Vampyres! They’re quickly advancing into our territory. Damon is leading them. What do we do?”

“Alarm the men. Tell them to get ready. This is war,” Carson ordered as he looked at the distraught four year old in Amy’s arms. “Take her and the pregnant women to the basement. Make sure that at least four of the patrol men are there to defend them,” he pleaded as he gave her a quick passionate kiss.

“Only daddy can do that to my mommy! Get away mister,” Anastasia screamed as her tiny hands connected with his chest.

“Love you too, sweetheart,” Carson gave her a sad smile and headed out to fight with her so called ‘father.’ 

-------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 30-------------------------------