Chapter 5: The Next Alpha Is...

New chappy. Vote and comment, if you want. :)

I made it a bit longer. sorry it took me long.

Chapter 5: The next Alpha is…

A few weeks passed by and many seemed to have moved on from John’s death.  It was the fourteenth, the day Aaden was supposed to step down as Alpha and John was to take over. Many assumed that Aaden will have a competition, to see whoever beats him. However, all the other males feared him. They knew that Aaden was far too strong; he has a Guardian’s blood in him. Others believed that Aaden would hold onto to his position until he finds someone worth trusting.

‘Meeting with the elders, be there in two minutes.’ Aaden ordered Caleb, his beta.

‘You got it, Alpha.’ Caleb thought back.

In two minutes tops, Caleb was seated on his chair. “Wow, that’s a whole new record. You even beat me here.” Aaden teased.

“Oh you know me.” Caleb retorted, but added solemnly. “There’s been a huge buzz about the next person who’d take your place. Seriously, I hope the elders can help shed some light on this issue. I know for a fact that my son is content with being the next Beta. Nothing more, nothing less. And the other, well… He wants to move out and live his life in Europe or Asia.”

“I know and that’s good for them. I think I already have someone in mind; I’m just hoping the elders would agree to it.” Aaden said thoughtfully as the double doors opened and the elders arrived one by one. They both stood up.

The elders were the peaceful ones. They are the only types of wolves, besides rogues, who do not want to take part in the Luna-Solaris thing. Who would? The Solaris broke a treaty and the elders would have to deal with them later on. Now that the Lunas are left without a person who’d take the Alpha position, they will have to intervene and help with the selection. Abraham was the direct descendant of the original Lunas, Matthew was the direct descendant of the original Solaris and Jade is the direct descendant of the Guardians.  No one knew exactly how old they were. Many theorized that not having mates, made them immortal. Or the spirits made them immortal to guide the future generations of werewolves.

Guardians are the hybrids. They are neither a Luna nor a Solaris. The Guardians were created when two enemies, Sonya Luna and Gabriel Solaris, mated. They thought it was impossible, but the spirits are the ones to choose your mates. You have no say at that part at all. Gabriel and Sonya broke away from their pack and gave birth to many children, Jade being their youngest one.

“You may sit.” Jade said as Aaden and Caleb bowed their heads with respect.

“We are very sorry for your loss, Aaden. It must’ve been hard, especially for your pack.” Abraham said with sympathy.

“It will be harder, if we don’t choose the next Alpha.” Aaden replied with a straight face. Caleb looked at him sadly. Aaden had always been the one to show his feelings, but now he looks so emotionless.

“I believe that your beta, Caleb, has two sons? Zachary and Jonathan?” Matthew asked as Caleb nodded. “It’s simple. The oldest would take the Alpha’s position and the youngest would take the Beta.”

“But my oldest son is perfectly fine with the Beta position and the other wants to travel.” Caleb looked at them nervously.

“What we say is final. Not unless you have something in mind, Aaden.” Jade sensed that Aaden had been against Matthew’s plans. She knew that he had something better in mind. That’s how Aaden was and will always be.