Chapter 27: Happy Family

For the past five months, Damon has been nothing but patient with Amy. He brought her wherever she wanted to go and was there with her every step of the way. Whenever her midnight cravings kicked in, Damon was by her side with whatever it was she wanted. She’d ask for some strawberries, chocolates and even one time, some ketchup. He just laughed it off and treated her like a real queen. He was her queen already. He’d wait for a couple of more years before claiming the throne.

“Eight whole months! Can you believe it? You’ve been in there for a might long time,” Amelia murmured as she rubbed her baby bump soothingly. Guilt washed up his body as Damon looked at her. Since pups develop and grow faster, he needed Lucinda to charm his beloved once again. Who wouldn’t freak out once they witness their five month old baby bump swell like it’s already eight months old?! Lucinda has calculated the days and she predicted that Amelia was due that very week.

“Hey baby, daddy can’t wait to finally meet you. Come out for me?” Damon hugged her from behind, placing his hands over her baby bump. Amelia grinned broadly before placing her hands over his.

“Did you hear that? Daddy said he can’t wait to meet you,” she giggled slightly, feeling her eyes droop.

“Go to sleep darling. You need some rest,” Damon broke out of the hug and pulled her into the bed room.

“But! I’ve been in bed for weeks now! Have you seen my feet!? They’re huge!” Her arms flailed about as a crease on her forehead appeared.

“You’d always be gorgeous in my eyes, love,” he smiled, pecked her on the lips and set her down on the bed. “Sleep well.” He tucked her in bed and watched her fall asleep. The steady beating of her heart calmed him down. Getting up, he made his way to his office. He picked up the new books he bought and started reading. The thought of parenting scared him, but Amelia’s reassurance and these books helped him relax. He hoped to become a good father for their baby girl.

My baby girl,” he whispered to himself.

“Don’t you mean Carson’s baby girl?” A familiar and irritating voice spoke up. He slammed the book down and looked at her menacingly.

“Do not speak of him in my house! What the hell are you doing here!? Shouldn’t you be with mother and father?” He sneered, getting up and not backing down from her glare.

“I just came to pay your wife a little visit. I’m quite surprised that you’re this desperate… I thought kidnapping someone else’s mate was low. Wow, this is a new low for you my brother,” she hissed at the word brother, trying to get through him. Both of them knew how untrue those words were. Her parents fought in the damned war for his parents- the King and Queen of Vampyres- only to get slaughtered with the rest of the fighters.

“Don’t speak to me like that. I am more superior to you. I can kill you now if I wish,” he threatened venomously.

“You know you’d never have the heart to follow through. Actually, you really don’t have one,” she laughed to herself. “Goodbye,” she winked before disappearing.

“What the hell was that?” he looked around. He didn’t know that Serafina had special abilities. Was she a Royal, just like him?

***

She looked around her, feeling the warmth of the wind caress her. A sigh escaped her lips as she continued to venture off into the forest. An ear piercing howl brought her to an abrupt stop. Felling a slight pull towards the west, she watched towards the direction. Her eyes met a pair of green ones. His eyes didn’t hold the fierce, animalistic look she was expecting. Instead, his eyes looked at her with longing and a mixture of something she couldn’t quite figure out yet.