Chapter 12: The Strange Family

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN?

Enjoy! :)

Chapter 12: The Strange Family

“AMY! What have you done to your room, again!?” Beth exclaimed as she saw a huge pile of clothes on the floor.

“Auntie Beth, help me please! I need to look for the perfect outfit,” Amy begged as she threw more clothes on the floor.

“Another date?” Beth asked as she looked through the clothes Amy threw down. Most of them were new and were part of the latest fashion trend. Beth chuckled at how ignorant her niece was about fashion.

“No! This is not a laughing matter. Help me, please! I’m meeting Damon’s parents,” Amy pleaded.

“Fine, fine! But isn’t it a bit too early for that? I mean, it took me two whole weeks to gather up the courage to meet your uncle’s parents,” Beth sighed at the memory. She nearly killed herself by tripping down the stairs with her dress. “One thing I can tell you is to never wear a long dress… or anything that may trip you.” She blurted out.

“Okay?” Amy looked at her with one brow raised and chuckled.

“How about this one?” Beth held out a white off the shoulder top. “It would go great with these and oh! These too!” She picked up a pair of black skinny jeans and some black high heels. “Leave your hair down and go natural. Maybe just some lip gloss or eye liner? For accessories, you can choose anything.” She gave Amy a warm smile before heading out.

“Thank you so much! You’re the best aunt in the whole world!” Amy yelled out.

“You’re welcome. That’s because I’m the ONLY aunt you’d ever have! Don’t forget to clean the mess up later,” Beth replied.

Amy changed and took her ponytail out. She brushed her hair with her fingers and applied some lip gloss.

“Dammmmmnnn!” Jonathan wolf whistled as he saw Amy at the steps of the stairs. “You really clean up good, coach.” He winked as she faintly blushed.

“Thanks. Any news about Jaden?”

“No, but their Alpha has received the news. He accepted our challenge. There will be war.” Jonathan looked at her solemnly as he clenched his fists.

“We need to train, harder than before.” Amy said with determination.

“Got that right, Alpha sir!” He joked as she slapped him playfully. “I will train them as hard as I can. Also, I think it’s best if no female takes part in this. The Solaris has always treated she-wolves as slaves. I don’t want to endanger anyone, especially Miranda.” He looked at her, pleadingly. Miranda was his mate. They were totally inseparable.

“I guess that is best for our pack, but have you completely forgotten something?” Amy exclaimed.

“Oh gosh! It’s really up to you. I’m here as your Beta. I can take over during this war, if you’d like. I want you to be safe too. I’ve seen some of the women from the Solaris. I could tell that they’re all being mistreated, especially their Alpha’s mate.” He said through gritted teeth. Jonathan has always been a gentleman. He hated the thought of men being superior or women being abused. He’d always been a huge believer of equality.

“Thank you but this is my pack. I would do anything for all of you to be safe.” Amy smiled.

“Okay then, Alpha. I think that you shouldn’t keep your date waiting any longer. He might just barge in and take you away!” He mused.

“Oh yeah!” Amy chuckled.

“Is he your mate?” Jonathan asked expectedly.

“No… But we have some connection. I feel something for him.” She shrugged.