Chapter 28: Lost

Please check out my new werewolf romance book- "Lost of Innocence"

Chapter 28: Lost

“Mommy! Mommy! Look at what me and daddy did!” Anastasia, their bright four year old girl ran into the room with her beautiful brunette hair swaying in the wind. Her golden eyes stared at her with excitement.

Amy grabbed the sketch paper from her hands and smiled. “How come I’m not in it?” She playfully pouted as Anastasia laughed.

“Cause! Daddy said it’s only me and him. Like daddy daughter day,” she smiled innocently as Amy hugged her to her.

“You’ve got to dress up sweet cheeks. We’re going to visit your grandparents,” Amy took her hand just as Damon appeared on the doorway.

“You ready to meet the parents?” He questioned as he took Anastasia into his arms. Amy smiled, loving the fact that he was so involved in fathering and caring for her daughter.

“Pretty much, I just need to change my clothes and we can go,” Amy headed up stairs with Anastasia in tow.

“You do know that we’d be living with them from now on, right?” Damon silently asked as he fiddled with his baby girl’s hair. “I need to take over the family business and I can’t do that when we’re thousands of miles apart from them.”It’s been almost five years since he took Amy away from her home town. He knew that he had to go back. His father wanted to give him the throne. The Vampyres grew weary at the knowledge of their Prince’s disappearance. He wanted all of the panic to stop, so he chose to come back and bring Amy and their little girl with him. There was something about the little bundle of joy that captured his heart and wrapped him around his fingers.

Amy nodded her head, “I understand. Of course.”

With that, she headed straight for the shower, wanting to drown out her thoughts about IT. It’s been four years since Anastasia’s birth and four years since IT started haunting her in her dreams. In her dreams, she’d usually sit around a meadow or hang around a beautiful cabin. The cabin seemed so familiar to her; it was as if it was a part of her somehow. Then she’d hear a howl full of sorrow and hopelessness. IT charges toward her with black fur and shiny green eyes. The eyes that captivates her and drowns out all of her fear. She’d walk over to the wolf and start petting him, loving the feel of his heat and the weird feeling in her stomach. Then the same voice repeats in her mind over and over.

‘I’ll come for you my love… and our little one too.’

Amy slowly stepped out of the shower and hurriedly dressed. Anastasia came in with a cute white dress on.

“Daddy let me pick this!” she grinned widely, doing a little twirl.

“That was nice of him,” she murmured as she held her tiny hands and walked into the garage. “Let’s go?”

Damon nodded eagerly, buckling Anastasia in the back seat and opening the passenger side for Amy. She smiled, loving how he’s still the same old gentleman she has grown to love. Love… That sounded strange to her. It almost seemed like the thought of her loving him was impossible. She shrugged off the feeling as trees passed by in a blur. They came to a sudden halt. Damon came out and opened the door for her.

Amy walked over to the back and shook her little girl awake. Anastasia yawned lightly while brushing her eyes with the back of her hands.

“Are we there yet? Where’s nana?” Her eyes were wide in excitement as she kept looking around. Damon chuckled and ruffled her hair.