Chapter 26: Karma is a B!tch

“What have you brought me here, Damon? A werewolf? A powerful one at that.” Her shrill voice annoyed him more as he sent a menacing glare towards her.

“I have no time for your games, witch. I want to have her. She’s my mate, but another mutt convinced her otherwise,” Damon set her unconscious body onto the leather couch.

“And what do you want me to do about it? It’s none of my concern,” she turned away, angry at his arrogance. She hated getting dragged into the Royal business… Especially those of the Vampyres. “Besides, I don’t think you’d really want her. You’ve chosen the wro-“

“I want her to forget about everything but me… I want her to have new memories of me… I want her…..”

~~~~

“Damon! Stop it!” Her bell like laughter sounded so beautiful. “Please,” she pleaded as tears rolled down her eyes.

“I love your laugh,” he sighed before pecking her lips.

“But not as much as you love stealing some kisses from me,” she teased as stood up. “Come on, we need to get ready for our little picnic.”

“A bit too excited now, are we?” He smirked, bringing her back down with him.

“Come on Damon! I barely get to go out,” she pouted as the look of hurt crossed her face. Damon felt his heart clench at the sight of her.

“You know that this is for the best. I’m just looking out for you, sweetheart. I promise I’ll try my best on minimizing the threats against you. That way, we can be free to roam whenever you want to,” a small smile formed on her lips as she gave him numerous pecks on the lips.

“Thank you so much,” she exclaimed, throwing her arms around him.

“Your basket is ready sir,” the maid handed them the basket and left for the kitchen.

“Thank you!” she called out.

“The ever so grateful one,” Damon chuckled lightly as he took her hand and led her into the forest.

Stopping just a few meters away from the cliff, Damon unfolded the blanket and laid it out perfectly. He set the basket aside and pulled her down onto his lap. Taking refuge in her warmth. He placed his chin on her shoulders, loving the arrhythmic beating of her heart. It was very unique, just like her personality.

“This is beautiful,” she whispered, looking out into the sunset. Her chest began to rise up and down as the smell of the forest engulfed her. “It’s just so peaceful here.”  

“I beg to differ on the beautiful part. You, my dear, are far more beautiful than anything I’ve seen,” his words so smooth left her flushing. He poked her cheeks tenderly, “And not to mention cute when you blush.”

“Those people who are after me… What do they really want?” The peaceful atmosphere changed into something intense… Something that angered and worried him.

“They want to take you away from me. I won’t let them because I love you way too much,” he kissed her neck lightly, taking a big whiff of her wonderful scent. “You do love me too right?”

“Of course,” was the last word spoken as the darkness completely covered the skies. “Shucks! We didn’t even get to eat the food,” she gestured towards the basket.

“Then let me feed you, madam,” he unwrapped a sandwich and started to feed her. She moaned at the taste of it. The maid never failed to impress her taste buds.