Chapter 16: Mixed Signals?

Since the suspense was killing me too, I typed up the whole chapter and here it is! :D

Vote. Comment. Fan? If you like.

Chapter 16: Mixed Signals?

 Carson looked at the girl closely. She shyly put her head down and kept it there for a good five minutes. He was getting impatient and asked, “Who are you?”

“My name’s Amy.” Her sweet voice rang in his ears. He smiled to himself. That was a beautiful name.

“What are you doing in our territory?” He asked with his voice full of authority.

Amy kept her head down, making Carson lose his patience. With a sigh of impatience, Carson grabbed her arm. He froze in place. It felt as if his whole arm was being electrocuted. The electricity tingled all over his body. He flinched at the effect that the rogue had on him and let her arm go.

“I… just… I was lost.” She managed to say, while raising her head up at the same time. Their eyes met and Carson got lost in those pair of golden eyes. Her face was flawless, without a hint of a single beauty product or make up on. Natural beauty, he liked that. They both got lost in each other’s eyes. Carson recovered.

“That was weird. Sparks when we touched and this weird bond when our eyes met. I think you’re my mate, Amy.”  At that, the Amy’s eyes went wide.

“No! We can’t be mates! We just can’t!” She shouted as she shook her head back and forth.

“And why is that?” Carson was definitely curious. He has never felt like this before.

“That’s because I already have a mate.” Disappointment and sadness overcame Carson. He really wanted to find his mate. Just when he thought he found her, she’s with someone else. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to leave.” Carson stood there, with his feet nailed to the ground. He watched her stand up and walk out of the room. Probably walk out of his life too. 

Carson grudgingly sat himself on a chair.

“Honey! I’ve got a fresh batch of cookies ready for you.” His mom called out.

“Okay, I’ll be there.” He walked slowly to the kitchen. He took a cookie and chomped in down in one bite. He needed to take his mind off of that rogue…

“There’s some ice cream in the freezer if you’d like.” His mother looked at him knowingly. Carson reached for a tub of cookies and crème ice cream and took a plate of his mother’s cookies. He walked into the living room and tried to forget about the girl.

“What’s the matter son?” His mom looked at him.

“Nothing, mom. I’m okay.” He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“No, you’re not. Look at you! You practically ate more than half of the cookies I’ve baked and oh my! You finished a whole tub of ice cream. I know something’s bothering you. You’ve always been like this, dear. Eating sweets is a way for you to try to forget about whatever it is that you want to forget.” He looked at his mom, wide eyed.

“How…?”

“I know my son very well.” She smiled and kissed his forehead. “Even though you’re an Alpha, you’re still my son. You can tell me anything.”

“Thanks mom.” He grinned at how perfect his mom was.

The rest of the day flew by very fast. The night came and Carson had a huge trouble falling asleep. He reached for his phone and called Blaze.

“Hey…” Another voice sounded groggily.

“Hey man, haven’t seen you in a while.” Carson heard some shuffling in the background.

“What’s up?” Blaze said, now more awake and alert. “Any trouble?”

“No… Well yeah, I can’t sleep.” Blaze scoffed at that.

“Seriously man? You’re calling me because you can’t sleep? Don’t you think I’d like to get my sleep too?” Blaze asked annoyed.

“Sorry. It’s just there’s this gi-“ Blaze cut him off.

“A girl? Who? Your mate? Man, congratulations!” Blaze said excitedly.

“No… It’s some rogue… I felt the sparks when we touched and this bond when our eyes met. I thought she was my mate but she has another… Her eyes were so unique too. So golden. I guess it was just some mixed signals or something.”  Blaze chuckled at his friend.

“Dude, you have no idea. Just make sure you’ll be by the border tomorrow. I’m sure those were just some mixed signals too.” Blaze said with amusement. Carson didn’t like his tone of voice. It was as if he knew something that Carson didn’t.

“What did you-“ Carson was cut off by the dial tone.

Blaze, his Beta, hung up on him!  He would need to learn how to respect him as an Alpha. They may be best friends but Carson is still the Alpha. Carson shook his head and tried to fall back asleep again.

The annoying alarm sounded off in his room. Carson looked at the clock, 8 in the morning. He slowly stood up and reached the bathroom. He forcefully opened his eyes and took in his appearance. He had huge, black bags under his eyes and his eyes were red. That’s what three hours of sleep does to a person.

With a big sigh of frustration, he jumped into the shower and prepared for the meeting with the Luna… The Alpha of the Luna. 

-----------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 16----------------------------------------

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK? :D

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN.

If you like.