Love Hurts ( End )

Jungkook ran across the hallways, breath stuck against his throat and heart hanging below his chest. His hands were numb and mind blank when he bursted through the doors and entered the room.

Entering the room, he found his feet getting frozen when his eyes fell kn Taehyung’s unconscious figure laying on the bed. His head and his wrist was bandaged. The sound of the monitor ticking resonated in the silent room as Jungkook entered with rather unsteady steps and fell on the chair, tears already blurring his vision.

Taehyung had tried to suicide.

He didn't know how he was going to come up in terms with that sudden revelation. Taehyung: the man he loved, had tried to suicide. He had tried to give up on his life. How Jungkook was supposed to take it as?

He wished nothing for him but happiness. And, if that was going to come in his life from stealing Jungkook’s property then fine. Jungkook wouldn't have dared to say any other word, and he didn't. He handed over everything to him in seconds, then why?

Why?

He pressed his head over the boundary of his mattress, muffling down his cries against it. He couldn't tell what he was feeling. Everything was the mixture of pain, sorrow, disappointment and fear. Even though telling from the situation, he could tell Taehyung was fine.

But, what about his mental health? It wasn't going to get better with the stitches over his head and wrist, right?

" Wake up. " Jungkook mumbled slowly, taking his head off of the mattress and looking at Taehyung, " Wake up, Love. Wake up. " He cracked out the words, the intensity of desperation and grief behind his words increasing, " Wake up. I- I won't yell. I won't glare. I- I won't do anything. I- I promise, but just wake up. Wake up, Tae. " He whispered at the end and then leaned down to press a kiss over Taehyung’s long fingers which were pressed over the mattress.

Jungkook’s tears fell over Taehyung’s hand, as he got up and looked at him, his thumb unconsciously rubbing over his wet knuckles. " Wake up, Tae. " He whispered again, chin wobbling from the holding back of the sob which was desperate to leave his chest, " Wake up, My love. Wake up. I won't leave you. I won't. But just, wake up. "

☆☆

It was around midnight when Jungkook felt his cheeks getting tapped by fingers. His eyes abrubtly open and he leaned back from the bed, eyes at once landing on Taehyung's opened eyes, watching him back sleepily. Jungkook rubbed his eyes and carefully held Taehyung’s hand, scooting his chair a little closer,

" Hey- hey...." He husked out, " How- how are you feeling? "

Taehyung shook his head, and then he closed his eyes which made Jungkook capable of noticing the streams of tears which were leaving Taehyung’s eyes. Without wasting a second, Jungkook got up from the chair and sat himself on the bed beside Taehyung. Reaching out, he cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears, " Tae...love, open your eyes. " He mumbled in almost inaudible voice.

Taehyung’s eyes closed even more tightly. His figure shook tremendously when Jungkook voiced out the words. He shook his head left to right, tears falling from the corner of his eyes and mumbling the same exact words to himself while clutching his hands over to the sheets covering his body, " You are not real. He is not real. He is not real. He is not real. " He kept whispering the words to himself.

Jungkook’s heart pounded dangerously against his chest.

Somehow, his panicked state of mind found the fuel when the context of Taehyung being in that condition ran in his mind.