Chapter 1

LUBANZI

Chapter 1

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

"Harder! Harder! Yes Daddy!" The girl with the blonde weave screams on top of me. We are in my club and I'm sitting on my chair with my pants unbuttoned and the girl is riding my manhood.

"Fúck!" I reach my climax and get her off me.  She start putting her clothes on.

"There's something about you Lubanzi that I can't put my mind on."

She thinks we are friends. I open my drawers and take out ten thousands in notes and throw it at her.

"Get out!" She picks the money.

"I'm still putting on the clothes." I take out my gun and cocks it then point it at her.

"Jeez, I'm leaving. You don't have to be so uptight while you just released some salt." She opens the door and leave.

I go to the bathroom to clean up myself and come back to the office to grab my jacket,car keys and phone. I head to my private elevator and go to the parking lot. I get inside my car and drive home.

It's around 7am in the morning and everyone is having breakfast.

"Who was your conquest for the night?" My little sister ask me while smirking. Never have siblings because they take advantage of the relationship you share.

"Hlelo he's your brother. How are you Banzi?" I just nod at my mother while I start digging in the English breakfast.

People used to tell my mom when I was young that there's something wrong with me. I started talking when I was five years old but I was so used to sign language that I still barely talks. That's the only thing I'm lazy at doing.

Liyema comes downstairs in his doctor's jacket. The golden boy of the family.

"Morning family." He kisses Hlelo's cheek and my mom's cheek. He tries to kiss my cheek as well but I glare at him. He raises his hands in mock surrender before he pulls a chair and sit down. He dishes in and start digging in.

"Where's dad?" My dad doesn't just miss breakfast unless he have somewhere to be.

"He went to a golf meeting with his friends." Mom answers. I nod.

Hlelo finishes eating and catches a ride with Liyema. She's doing her final year in high school.

After eating I head straight to my room for a nap.

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Kaya! Kaya! I'm leaving you behind." I yell my little sister's name. She's been in her room for a long time now and I need to go to work.

She comes out wearing her uniform but her shirt's collars aren't done.

"Fix your collars!" I yell at her as I pick up my phone,car keys and handbag.

"Stop shouting. You're not my mom." She says passing me and heading outside. I sigh and follows her out.

Yes, I'm not her mom but I'm the one taking care of her. She needs to meet me halfway and stop with her attitude. I don't know when Kaya hasn't been somber but since turning sixteen, she's just worse. No one can get through her.

I head to my car and Kaya is seating at the backseat with wireless earphones on. I guess she's ignoring me. I get in and drive away.

I drop Kaya at her school first before going to my workplace. It's a law firm. At twenty four years old, I'm already working as a lawyer. I'm not just any lawyer but I'm a criminal lawyer which is also known as barrister but to avoid explaining too much, I'm just a lawyer.

People need to be educated because everytime they hear you're a lawyer they start telling you about their divorces instead of finding out,what kind of lawyer you are. I specifically specialised in criminal law because I've always wanted to defend people who are wrongfully accused and arrested. Not everyone is wrongfully accused but sometimes people get wrongfully accused.

"Morning miss Jali." Our receptionist,Linda chirps in. I just smile at her before I head straight to my office.

I've started working at Dlhomo Law & Order immediately after graduating which was about three years ago. During my time here as an employee I've learnt a lot and helped a lot with cases which resulted in advocate Dlhomo giving me an office and a higher position.

When I used to be an intern I used to help solving every cases whether it was divorce or someone wanting to sue but I've always been interested in solving criminal cases. I studied criminology at school and it was all about the study of crime or criminals and their behaviour.

Having me as a lawyer guarantee you winning the case most of the time.

I seat down on my chair and takes out my files from the drawer. I read the first file and it's a case about certain Dr Dalindyebo who's accused of robbery. I take out my phone and call him so that we can meet. Fortunately he answers.

"Dr Dalindyebo here how can I help you?" He's panting. I wonder what he is busy with.

"Dr, it's advocate Afeziwe Jali. I would like us to meet regarding your case."

"Oh,Miss Jali. Can we do lunch if that's okay with you?" He sounds flirtatious. I roll my eyes.

"Come to my office. Don't be late." I hang up and study the case. It has a lot of loopholes and insufficient evidence.

It's lunch already and I'm waiting for the doctor. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell. I take the wipes and wipe my mouth and hands as I was eating. The door opens and the Dr walks in.

"Good day,Miss Jali." His smile is bright and he is handsome just not my type.

"Good day Dr Dalindyebo. I have your file here about your case of being accused of robbery. You're a doctor Why would you choose to be involved in such a crime? Isn't the doctor's salary enough?" He chuckles.

"You're funny Miss Jali do you know that?" I mentally roll my eyes.

"I wasn't making a joke Dalindyebo." I keep my face stoic and free of any emotions.

"I was wrongfully accused that's why I'm not in prison."

"Can you prove what you're saying?" His phone rings.

"One moment…" He raises his finger indicating that I should be quiet.

"Big man." He answers his phone with a smile. He smiles a lot and I bet he's Ambesiwe's type.

"I'm meeting with my lawyer. No it's—" He groans.

"Fine." He hangs up.

"My brother would like us to reschedule this meeting because he want to be there."

"Oh. Are you hiding something,Doc?"

"See you tomorrow at my home." He stand up and winks at me before he leaves. How am I supposed to know where he lives?