Chapter 26

LUBANZI

Chapter 26

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"What did the doctor say?" My sister asked the moment I walked in.

"I'm eighteen weeks pregnant." I sat on the couch. Amber screamed out of joy.

"I'm going to be an aunt. I'm so happy for you." She came to hug me.

"You're squeezing me." I pushed her away.

"Oh gosh,a wrong person is pregnant. You're already moody Afe and now you'll be extra."

"Whatever."

"Did you tell Lubanzi? He deserves to know Afe."

"I'll tell him when I'm ready."

"You haven't forgiven him,have you?"

"I have a court case." I stood up and went to my room. I sat at the bed and took out the scans in my bag.

I'm having a baby. I'm going to be a mother. A part of me is excited of meeting my heart in a human form but I'm also scared. I'm scared of being a single mother, I'm scared of being a terrible mother. Maybe I should tell Lubanzi even though I haven't forgiven him.

I'm angry about the fact that he didn't tell me about Nthabiseng being pregnant and the possibility of the baby being his before he could conduct a DNA test. He was just planning on doing everything behind my back? Trust is needed for a relationship to turn out well but he broke my trust.

A selfish part of me is happy at being pregnant because if Nthabiseng's baby is Banzi's then,mine will be given the most attention but I'm really not that kind of person. I can't punish a baby for their parents sins.

But what if the child is indeed Banzi's? Would I have to be a stepmother? I don't want to become a stepmother.

You know what, fúck this. I took out my files and started working on my case tomorrow. I already know the angle I'm going to use I just need to go through my notes one last time.

"It's evident that my client is mentally not okay. She's pleading guilty to the múrderer of her brother, Jackson but I would like it if the court could let her serve her sentence at the mental institution." I sat down.

"My lord, the accused is not mentally unstable. She's just pretending because she doesn't want to face her time in prison. I suggest that they do a mental check up on her thoroughly." The plaintiff said before sitting down.

"After listening to all parties,the court will give the verdict next week Monday after the accused meet up with a psychiatrist. Court is adjourned."

Caroline was taken back to her cell and I also went home. Somehow I just hope that she could go to a mental institution. I came across people like Caroline and it's easier to know that sometimes they don't mean the things they do.

Jackson's wife had forbidden Jackson from meeting up with Caroline because she's always demanding money from him. That enraged Caroline and she ended up múrdering her brother in cold blood and made it look like a súicide.

As if that wasn't enough,she even had the gut to look for a lawyer to hide her crimes. She may be unstable but I understand where she's coming from.

When you get married with a man who has a sibling, don't come between them because the man is always going to choose you instead of his sister. Jackson was all Caroline had since their parents died. It's just unfortunate that their relationship had to even reach this point.

"Did you win the case?" Amber asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Unfortunately not. There was too much evidence against Caroline plus she did confess."

"Enough about your cases. Tell me,do you think the baby is going to be a girl or a boy? I want a baby girl." I've even forgot that I'm pregnant.

"I don't know. I think any gender is okay." I'll still love my not-so-excited-to-meet baby.

"Have you thought of names?"

"Amber, I'm two months and two weeks pregnant not nine months pregnant. How do you expect me to come up with names now?"

"I'm just excited. Take this." She gave me a sandwich which I immediately took a bite. I was starving.

"You also need to tell Lubanzi. Don't make me tell him myself." She gave me a glass of juice.

"Thank you. I'll call him."

"Now,Afe." I sighed and took out my phone from my bag. I can't say I'm not nervous because I am.

I dialled his number and it rang twice before he answered.

"Afeziwe?" Hearing his voice made me tear up. I've missed him. It's been a week now without talking to him.

"Can we meet?"

"Yeah sure. When?"

"In an hour. You can choose a place as long as it's not the penthouse."

"That's okay. I've missed you Afeziwe. I love you, okay? Never doubt that."

"Bye." I hung up and wiped my tears.

"That's the right step, sis." She came to give me a hug.

An hour later, Lubanzi pulled up at my gate. I bid my sister goodbye before I went to him. He got out of the car and came to hug me. I've never felt so safe in his arms.

"I've missed you." I tell him.

"I also missed you baby." He let go.

"Why are you crying?" I didn't realise I was crying. He wiped my tears with his fingers.

"I love you Afeziwe. I was never bored when I first declared my love to you and fast forward, I'm still in love with you."

"I love you too." I hugged him again.

"Let's go." He opened the car's door for me and I got in then he also got in and started driving.

Sorry for disappearing. Thank you for 3.6k readers. I didn't think you'll appreciate a South African story since we have our own different way of writing nonetheless,thank you.💐❤️